DoD Modders Handbook: Diggle Edition

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Aquaman, Dec 23, 2011.

?

Has this Handbook been usefull to you?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Yes! Sticky this!

25 vote(s)
    42.4%
  4. Not yet, but this will be very usefull once its finished.

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Never put off for tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely... :)

r_b_bergstrom likes this.
  2. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Haha, well for the sake of things lets hope this dosn't get put off indefinitely ;)

However, if for whatever reason I do decide to stop on these I will put the editable documents up so that others may continue working where I left off. That wont be for a long time though. DoD is just to much fun, to just up and leave it.

Daynab likes this.
  3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Stickied, then.

OmniNegro and Aquaman like this.
  4. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

That deserves an update :D
    I have posted the "It's a Bug!" Handbook, detailing how to start debug mode and use it to ones advantage while creating and testing mods.

If anyone knows of other commands available in debug mode let me know so I can add them.

kino5 likes this.
  5. Daynab

You can check them in key bindings but you're using old debug keys. l is level up, but capital L is show map. p is go down but P is up. Fill inventory (with appropriate floor loot) with capital i

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You know, for a while now I have been wondering how to add an additional "Like" to a thread... This forum needs a debug mode. Give Aquaman a lutefisk or ten!

7. badboy80

badboy80 Member

You can run debug mode easier if you have steam. Right click dungeons of dredmore in your library, set launch options, and then put in -debug-flag.

8. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

I'll try and get this into that section soon, however i may not have internet over the next 4-5 days because I'm leaving on a trip.

9. Daynab

Sorry to nitpick but you forgot L :) it clears the whole minimap like you've explored the level.

10. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

In your Item booklet, you have Savvy as being 4 and Stubbornness as 5. This is reversed as to how they actually are. I found this because I crafted an item that needed Savvy. :) Good guide.

11. We need a handbook for one of the hardest things to mod, monsters!

12. Gavin Koh

Gavin Koh Member

13. Jellp

Jellp Member

This just looks awesome

14. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

15. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

I never put them there, so as far as I know, they are not on that website.

Citizen, I believe used them to help start some of the basic drafts of the wiki. (I am referenced somewhere in there for a special thanks...I think in the debug section)

Edit: The wiki has all of the information those guides provide...and more! If that answers the question haha.

16. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

Ok. I will remove this thread from my DoD bookmark then :p