What do you put on the anvil?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Moses, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

WHARRGARBLE

(let's get back on topic if there's still something to say about it) :)

2. Fedora. Until it fills up and I can't read the numbers.

blob likes this.
  3. blob

blob Member

A disciple of FAX, I see.

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

After seeing the hat, I too have converted to Maslechianism.

5. kino5

kino5 Member

I started doing the same some time ago. Today, I failed so hard that I had to give up my precious fedora, and started again with a Toque of Canada. But if it's not a Fedora, it is not the same. Another time, maybe.

6. For the early game I understand that the Fedora is really good, but why not swap it out for something that could provide more in the long run such as the Aluminum helm, Plague Doctor's mask, Vampire hunter's hat, Crown of yellow, etc.? Is there something the Fedora does that I don't know about?

7. Tycho

Tycho Member

It looks frickin' cool. You start out with it, guaranteed, if you take Archaeology. To get your hands on an aluminum helm requires either aluminum ingots and 4:smithing: or damn good luck and money. Plague mask requires even MORE luck to find, can't be crafted, and is MORE expensive. Crown of Yellow, same story, and the Vamp hunter hat too. Stuff ain't easy to find, you take what you get and make the most out of it. Fedora's bonuses are sweet and if you keep getting lucky with the Krongings it turns into a Maslechian masterpiece. If you HAPPEN to get another, nicer hat, great. Go for it. Have fun. But the Fedora is a sure thing if you have that wonderful skill.

8. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

You tempt me to fire up Blood Knight and try to get a Maslech-esque Garnet Circlet.

9. kino5

kino5 Member

It is a fedora. Your argument is invalid.

No, seriously. Tycho is right. You have it from the beginning, so you don't have to worry about finding it (or another piece of head gear). Also, its stats are great for a level 1 character, and if you have luck with the krongings, you could potentially end with a hat which is better than the Crown of Yellow or the Plague Doctor's Mask by the time you find them.
    Once again, the problem is having luck with the krongings.

10. jadkni

jadkni Member

It's just an attempt to recreate the FaxHat.

But it is in vain, for there is only one true Maslech, Eater of our Beatings.

Tycho, blob and kino5 like this.
  11. lockeslylcrit

lockeslylcrit Member

If I start with Archaeology, the fedora. If not, I Krong up something that can be easily replaced or wont be missed, in case Krong woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

12. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

I actually tried. Sadly, the curses were all on melee-important stats and the buffs were all Haywire, Wand Lore, etc. The odds just favor losing in the long run if you play with Krong at the moment, sadly.

13. rulinus

rulinus Member

i put my best weapon, if he gets displeased by me, screw him. i force-terminate the game and load, try again. cheating like that sure rox:D

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Cheaters always win. Honest cheaters cannot brag, but they have their fun.

(On a side note, care to guess how fast a cheater dies on a trap on DL14-15 with over 200 Magic Power?)

The debug console tells me how bad the damage is, but I can scarcely believe it. :)