Essential DoD Expansion Skills Rebalance v.0.0.1

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Ever played it as a Vegan? Because -:resist_righteous: is totally nerfed then...

2. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

I'm suprised I haven't noticed this yet. :eek: -clicks to watch thread-

yet another thing I'm excited about sharing with my friends, you're work is always excellent essence! @_@

Essence likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The malus to :resist_righteous: is intolerably bad. It is only offset by the fact that few things seem to use that damage type. Vegans are suicide classes as it is. You simply cannot get away from killing animals eventually. That simply kills Veganism and Demonology for myself. I think the malus to stats for killing an animal can be drastically nerfed, but have it's duration greatly increased, and offset the ability to remove the nerf by letting it stack infinitely so you will still die badly if you go on a animal slaying spree. As for demonology, the skills are too weak to try with the knowledge that it will reduce your :resist_righteous: so very much. Could this be nerfed a bit as well, and offset by another malus to something like :resist_existential: and/or :resist_aethereal:?

Thank you Essence for the mod. And thank you everyone else who helped. (Probably half the forum...)

4. I've never had to kill animals. There are so many ways to cheat and work your way around it. For example, animals you befriend will kill other animals. Have a room full of animals? Fire off a befriending missile, close the door to the room, and walk away to the sounds of carnage :)

Kazeto and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Closing doors? Blasphemy! I will have to roll another "Morally Superior" vegan and see where it goes. Usually I just KoS everything and take the malus as it comes. But it gets pretty heavy very fast. I suppose I need to relax and "Sip" my espresso rather than gulp it down like I do. I may drink just a tiny bit too much of that stuff too. How many gallons a day do you have to drink before it can be called problematic? I wonder such while I slaughter the Kittens whilst discussing the weather.

6. The fact that you're using Gallons as your unit of measure suggests it's probably already problematic :)

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Not to be insulting, but you must be one of those odd people that sleeps from time to time. :)

I just realized something really obvious. The mod "Mana Mastery" does not mix well with friendly monsters. Unless you enjoy killing them too. But Veganism does not approve of that message.

8. Lol. Like I said, loopholes. You only get penalties if you kill/attack animals in MELEE. you can kill them with spells for no ill effect.

Loswaith likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I guess I need to pay more attention. I may lack adequate caffeine. Back to the drawing board after I wheel another barrel of espresso over.

10. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

Reading another thread, a thought occurred to me regarding the werediggle skill tree. In most werewolf errata, those infected with the curse do not have complete control over the transformation. Therefore, much like the "You ARE the demon" from Demonology, the Werediggle skill tree could have an unpredictable transformation element added as well. Just a though, plus this particular thread hasn't seen much interest dispite me being interested in it more than the core skills. >.>

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Still, it's an errata about "werewolves", and not werediggles, and I believe even if it was the case, this one deserves the segregation between story/lore and gameplay effects.
    If the chance for a spontaneous transformation was low, then it's practically there just to look pretty, and we'll get people posting bugs about how their werediggle form triggers randomly. If the chance was high, on the other hand, it would just become a source of frustration for those who want to use the skill tree. And that is because, with the transformation locking skills, it is not something you want to happen randomly when you depend on those on survival.

12. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

Good point.

13. Shaxarok

Shaxarok Member

The negative righteous in the latter part of demonologist is BRUTAL most of the time, fish paladins become the main source of damage to my melee characters if I take demonologist, they hit like trucks too. I wouldn't mind so much if it was only when they got into melee, but they have that ranged righteous spell that hits just as hard as their melee attack. Demonologist certainly gives you the tools to deal with enemies, but that spell is killer - as a side note, the Infernal Contract becomes nigh worthless in the latter half of the dungeons, yet still crippling to cast.

Edit to add: Also, is it just me or is this largely incorporated into the main game? Demonologist has the Heckforge then Demons for me without this mod.

14. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Did the final Diggle-Smash attack get fixed, so that it does normal attack damage PLUS the extra? Because before it was only doing "extra damage" which, by that time, was a tiny fraction of my regular attack damage...

15. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

If you're referring to Werediggle's Arch-Diggle Smash, yes, it's attack="1" now. :0

16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I just quoted this since I think most people missed this. I do not use Demonology. So I am unqualified to answer.

But it really should never change the ordering of spells.

17. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Shaxarok, yes -- 93% of the changes made in the Essential Rebalances have been adopted into the core game (and expansion's) XML already. NO ONE SHOULD BE USING THESE ANYMORE. DOING SO WILL SCREW UP YOUR GAME.

In fact, I'mma go delete the files and put a big-ass warning on the OP. :)

18. Shaxarok

Shaxarok Member

Um, I actually installed them, and they're not causing any issues whatsoever, plus I'm a huge fan of an innate spawn skill on Throwing (though the way it functions is annoying).

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Are you sure you are speaking of the right mod? I did not know the throwing skill was given procs at all.

This is not the mod that comes with Ninjitsu that gives procs on throwing. They did come from Essence too though. (That is the only reason I asked.)

Here is the one that adds Ninjitsu.

Essential DoD Expansion Skills Rebalance v.0.0.1
    *Edit* I screwed up. Here is the Ninjitsu one. I was not paying enough attention.

The Compleat Essential Skills

20. Shaxarok

Shaxarok Member

I'm actually speaking of the Core Rebalance with respect to that, rather than the expansion balance. Throw gets the ability to summon a softball every four turns as part of its zeroth level.