Too Many Bits: The Digging Diggle Edition (LP) (succession)

Discussion in 'Stories & Fan Fiction' started by Rarefied Horse Meat, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I would install FastStone Capture, and then either hit PrintScreen or Alt+Printscreen (to capture the entire screen or active window). Save the file somewhere, then upload it to imgur.com or other photo site of choice.

2. jadkni

jadkni Member

I didn't do the above out of laziness but that's a good idea. I run the game windowed and take screenies normally.

3. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Had a rough start with 13 hp, a battering received by the many strong men on the floor previous I assume.
    http://i.imgur.com/QsLECh.png

I somehow prevailed in spite of this and the zoo full of octopus-faced monstrosities I found later on the floor.
    http://i.imgur.com/Md0zkh.png

And after harvesting the corpses for mushrooms and buying a crossbow with a bit of our hard-earned zorkmids I pressed on to the next floor. Good luck to the next in line.

Attached Files:

jadkni likes this.
  4. Awesome! Good work, and congrats on learning to screenshot. Unfortunately, neither Loren nor I can load your save. :( Jadkni, can you try?

Kirk:
    Did you load any mods?
    Which operating system are you using?
    Can YOU load that save file you just posted? (just a doublechecky sort of measure here)
    Could you maybe have uploaded the wrong copy of loadsave.dat?

5. jadkni

jadkni Member

When I load it, I get the exact same save I had (and I'm quite sure I'm loading up the one Kirk posted), but with a move order issued to a spot six blocks away. Weird.

6. Loren and I crash when we try loading your save, too, so I have no idea what's going on here.

Kirk, you might want to try uploading again after verifying it's the correct save by loading it up in-game.

As for me, I can't WAIT for the bugfixes from the next patch. The kung-fu werediggle will fly again!

7. jadkni

jadkni Member

If you're having trouble loading my save up, it sounds like the problem may originate with me.

EDIT: If something was screwy with the first one, maybe this one will work?

Kirk was able to load mine, so I'm more curious as to whether this one works for Loren/Horse.

I don't know if the mysterious move order was messing things up but I cleaned out the first room, healed up, and stood still before saving by the stairs.

Attached Files:

8. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

I may have posted the wrong file. I had to do some fiddling around with the files to get everything to work right in the first place and somehow wound up with 2 different ones. See if this works for you.

I'm running windows 7/64bit, by the by. No mods loaded just the rebalances that you noted.

Attached Files:

9. jadkni

jadkni Member

Gwergle's save is completely absent for me.

10. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

This is really strange, I just downloaded the files again from my own post and suddenly it won't load for me either. The files are there where they are supposed to be but they aren't showing up in DoD. I'm stumped folks and I apologize for adding additional complication to this situation. Now if only I could figure out what these files are doing...