Wilde Magicks 0.1

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Feb 1, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I agree with the wild matter thing-- it is way, way, overpowered. Like, I had 20,000 zorks on floor 1 from selling wands and gems, and I bought out the entire store.

I'm thinking:
    • make it give only lutefisk or all of one very low level item (cheese, meat, etc)
    • increase the cost of the first spell to at least 3.
    • maybe both

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm thinking maybe I'm going to change Wild Matter up quite a bit, actually.

Anyone remember Feng Shui? :D

Wi§p likes this.
  3. Essence

OK, so i didn't go that crazy. This revision removes Cantrip, as it was just too abusable. It also makes gems and wands extremely rare (like 1-2 per Wild Matter burst), and booze a little rarer, too. Carroty Form is also working (though currently using a placeholder buff icon.)

4. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

So... is this going to be a part of Essential DoD III, or was the wrong file uploaded?

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

This is going to be part of EDoDIII, Dray'Gon. So even though this file also adds Fung-Fu, it's not a wrong one.

6. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

I'm curious, with 1.0.10, will you key the Wild Magic procs to Haywire Chance as suggested before?

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think he'll do that, and I reckon the result will be amusing.
    But let's wait for his words on that...

8. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

All right. Was just checking. Hadn't seen mention of it being added to that so wasn't sure.

9. Essence

Sorry, yes. EDODSIII will be Wild Magic, Kung Fu, and (announcing) Archmage, which will be a brain-bending display of just how far you can bend the spell targeting and new triggers and buff rules over a barrel and spank them with a randy trout. :)

10. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

Essence, if you're sticking with the carrots, I could try and make a food and drink animation for you.

11. Essence

I'd love it. :)

12. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

I should have some time to work on that this week-end. Though, I don't know how long it'll take. Or how finicky the sprite will be.

13. What is your feeling on Froda, Shoulder Bash, etc?

14. Fayd

Fayd Member

And this makes me think of Monty Python's Spamalot. Thank you for getting Finland/Fisch Schlapping Dance stuck in my head. (Seriously, thanks, it's a great musical.)

15. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

Hmm. Should the carrotty eating/drinking animation come from the eyes, like the attack animation, or lift from the legs, which would certainly be a lot easier?

16. Essence

I'll leave that in your capable hands. Or feet, if that's easier.

17. Fayd

Fayd Member

Well, I think the eyes would be a lot funnier, even though it's harder.

18. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

The eating animation is pretty much done, I just need to fix the transparencies. For the drinking, how would you feel about the carrotty eating the entire potion? A drinking head-tilt would be awkward on such a long, narrow head.

EDIT: And I went with food from the eyes.

Loswaith likes this.
  19. Essence

Yeah, just have him wolf it down. :)

20. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Well it is a carrot afterall, so I doubt it would have problems digesting containers anymore than anythng else, and it adds a nice flavour to the whackyness (it gave me a chuckle with the image poping into my head anyway, but that may be saying more about me than the amusment factor in general).