Floor 10 Fake Out

Discussion in 'Stories & Fan Fiction' started by Maverick8187, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Maverick8187

Maverick8187 Member

I brought it upon myself, really.

I didn't think a melee build would actually make it to floor 10, much less not die horribly, if not for the RNG's generosity on floor 3. Short version of that is I got the loot from a monster zoo, pawned it off for something to the tune of 30K, and purchased the Hexaxe from the very same shop. Come floor 8, it's being paired with a Broader Axe in the other hand, full plate mail, enchanted arms and armor all around. I was feeling... good. I was ready. I would also like to note this is the first time I've actually gotten to floor 10.

I should have known. After opening, panicking at, and roundly conquering a dreaded Double Monster Zoo, I spent the next few minutes scouring the floor for Dredmor himself, glancing at my dwindling inventory, when it hit me shortly before I hit myself.

I turned Realm of the Diggle Gods on with this character. That bony little Humperdink was still five floors down.

I still haven't picked that save back up. I think the residual derp would finish me.

Gateman and Wi§p like this.
  2. lol. :D May I use this in my sig? :)

Gateman and Wi§p like this.
  3. Ooh, let us know when you do! You're going to need a very powerful serious face to pull it off!

(also I think the game is currently bugged to give you 15 floors regardless as long as you own RotDG)

4. Maverick8187

Maverick8187 Member

I'd be honored for my first post to be considered sig-worthy, sir.

:eek:

ElectricMessiah likes this.