Skill ID Claiming Thread

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Good news! I updated the index with all the current IDs, and there's no conflict, surprisingly. Other than Trickster and Disciple of Chaos, which is the same author and the author said the latter was a replacement.

So we all cool.

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

My point is modders should stop picking nice, visually appealing 3-digit ids for no good reason. If you stuck with the cold logic of the RNG this thread and its giant list of numbers would be unnecessary.

Next time I'm making a mod I'm going to mash my numpad for the skill id, copy paste it 5-7 times and call it a day.

3. kino5

kino5 Member

Three things:

Thanks Essence, since I was going to open this post right now after reading the last posts on the other one.
    Thanks r_b_bergstrom, for posting here the IDs I claimed.
    Finally, since the IDs I chose create a conflict with others, and I'm just starting my mod, I have no problem in changing them, so I change my claim, and choose 5000 to 5009 to my evil purposes.

Wi§p likes this.
  4. jadkni

jadkni Member

I'd like to claim 6169 through 6185. If I ever get around to the stuff I want to do.

5. SSvjatoy

SSvjatoy Member

590-595 for old Jedi;)

6. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Give me 200 to 225. Updating my skills now to match.

7. Ya know what? *COUGH* I think I'll grab 123-128. Maybe that'll kick my brain in the head.

Also, would it be beyond reason to add to the list the IDs used by the vanilla game and RotDG, for reference's sake?

8. FaxCelestis

AFAIK,those are 1-38. Giving them 1-50 would probably be wise.

9. I know my core is kinda squishy, but still...

10. 1eleven

1eleven Member

i would like to claim 111

11. Sir Sneaky

Sir Sneaky Member

I'll go ahead and take 150-169. I'm not even done with my first mod yet, but i've started and randomly chose 150; might as well go from there.

12. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Can I claim 900-905?

13. Wootah

Wootah Member

This thread makes me laugh a little. I am excited about your enthusiasm, but this looks like it could be a problem and if the game is to continue to grow in popularity, a slightly more dynamic system might be necessary in the future.

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Then a more dynamic system will get created in the future. It's not like the base is *that* large now, so we can do with that, and it's not like we are limited to 3 or 4 digits when it comes to skill IDs.

15. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

The idea of having so many skill mods we need five digit ID numbers frightens me.

16. FaxCelestis

Are letters viable options for skill mod IDs? Because if so we could do something like Fax1, Ruigi3, Essence15.

17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I don't think so, but you can check that easily if you want to.

18. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I'm going to throw this entire system out. IDs bad. Strings good.

kino5, FaxCelestis, Essence and 3 others like this.
  19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Oh, that's cool. That way we'll be able to easily prefix our creations. Though I guess it'll wreck savegame compatibility with the earlier versions when it's introduced.

Will it be in the next version, or later, though?

20. So then.