Essential DoD Skills I and II Finally Game-Ready!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

HAHAHAHAhAhahahahahahahaaaaaa...

I'll think about it. :)

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Because that'd make it slightly more abusable in combat. And there's always someone who'll abuse whatever he can.

3. Oh, and be brittle as well, forgot to mention that.

4. Essence

Can you have a buff that is both brittle and breakonmove?

5. You can have a buff that's brittle and limited attacks, so I don't see why not :)

6. Essence

Really? I've never tried. Does it break when either condition is met, or only when both are met?

7. either, just like how meat shield has a mana upkeep and brittle, and either one ends it.

8. Essence

<gets a dozen ideas all at once>

Wi§p likes this.
  9. Do what in the where and twist which direction?
    Where exactly are these file and how should they be dealt with?

And I should add, Great Work! Must have mods for anyone who wants to mod their DoD. :thumbup:
    :sight:

10. Essence

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  11. File search for templateDB.xml
    Copy the section from Essential DoD Skills's templateDB, paste it into the text of templateDB in your game folder

12. Essence! Jeeze... you wrote that as the 198th post in this thread! :eek:
    Sure you don't want to edit & slip that little tidbit of info into post #1?
    Just a thought... :cool:
    Thanks for the quick reply. :)

13. Essence

Once 1.0.10 comes out, it'll be invalid anyway. :)

14. Dirpudds

Dirpudds Member

luls these are awesome mods, was just playing blood knight, bushido, prac.geo, qi gong, shield bearer, burglar, and sword, got through to the monster zoo on lvl 7 successfully smashing everything in my path, when i used spirit bomb, in the doors of the zoo, and instead of its usual concentric explosions it did about 8 of the final ones, (the one that damages you) and i died. shame, but the game did crash once it had said i died :/ so i remain hopeful that it might not happen again... :)

15. Essence

That is odd. On the off chance that it's a corpse-related bug, I'll add an "affectsCorpses="0"" to the final bomb.

16. Dirpudds

Dirpudds Member

yep, you were right it was corpse-related, tried it again on 2 seperate occasions, one off corpses and with one corpse under me, i took double damage and there were 2 end explosions. not that i mind dying comically from a suicide spirit bomb but its nice to know that it can be fixed :D on another note, i think i tried to use FaxPax's inquisitor with bushido, which crashed the game before loading the dungeon floor. im guessing thats due to them using the same icon/lots of resistance high in the trees so that they are mutually exclusive... or its just mod conflict... or its my laptop. :/ would love to see how much i could tank with those two.

17. Glazed

Glazed Member

I think the Wakizashi is really overpowered.

Wakizashi.png

18. Haha, very funny :)

It IS overpowered IMHO, but not THAT overpowered...

19. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Wow, what an awesome bug!

I just checked the first-page download link, the code there has the wakizashi doing 4 slashing and 1 piercing. How yours is doing 99 damage of each type escapes me. EDIT: Unless it was a joke / prank.

Just for fun, though, you should totally rush Dredmor. :D

20. Glazed

Glazed Member

That was what I created it for. The challenge mode had one simple rule: If I saw stairs going down I had to take them. I could finish what I was doing in that room, but I couldn't explore any more rooms. I got to level 9 and I was severely under-leveled. A Fire Eel blasted me with fire at long range three times in a row and I died.