SwiftStriker Skill Line - Released!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by RaustBlackDragon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. I would rather have it inflict damage equal to 2-4 times my melee power bonus, and have a proportionally lower cooldown... but yes, additional perspectives besides yours & mine would be helpful. It's easy to make an idea that's well-liked, but difficult to get people to help do serious testing. :(

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm in theory with RHM on this one -- Jump is cool enough that I'd rather it be slightly less uber but usable slightly more often -- but I'll wait until I can test the revision before I say so with any firm conviction. :)

3. ...Y'know, I was actually considering expanding the skill tree, and adding a level or two, with the new 5th level being pretty much that: A weaker-yet-more available Jump. How does that sound?

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I say that if you know what to do with it, then go for it. But if you want to expand the tree for the purpose of not having one that only has 5 levels, then it's better to leave it alone.

5. Alright then! So... I'm thinking this would do 2 hits instead of 3, boost critical by 30 for the attack, and have a cooldown of, like, 20. Essence, RHM, is that the sort of thing you had in mind?

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think it would be good like that. It might require some fine-tuning, but the best way to do that is to give it to the players and wait for feedback.

7. Alright, I've updated the post with the new version! Lemme know what you think of flying tackle!

8. update!

Daynab likes this.
  9. Hey, is there anybody willing to make some more dredmor-y skill icons for me? Here's what I'm looking for:

Shoulder Bash: Hero shoulder-bashing (or otherwise pushing) a monster out of the way.

Target Locked: Hero glaring (with the two-fingered "I've got my eye on you" gesture) at a disconcerted thrusty.

Quickstep: A jump-ish thing, similar to knightly leap.

Flying Tackle: Hero flying-tackling a monster

BoltProof: A diggle with a gun shooting hopelessly at a batman-ish silhouetted hero.

Jump: The hero in Final Fantasy Dragoon/Lancer style armor, holding a lance.

10. Essence

PM Loren. Loren's amazing. ;)

11. Done and done.

Oh, and I notice your signature changed very slightly. Do you do that from time to time?

12. Essence

13. Alright, quickstep's nerfed version turned out to really just be a less awkward version of nightly leap. I thought I'd have to choose between overpowered and unoriginal, until I thought of something:

I'm going to make quickstep a spell that grants you a single free move. You'll be able to move up, down, left, or right, and then perform another action.

How, you ask? By making an unresistable widespread stun effect that lasts one turn. Basically, you stun them and teleport, and then presto, it's your turn again.

Any thoughts on what the cooldown should be for this? It's simple enough that it doesn't make sense to have a long cooldown, but if it were usable every other turn, that would essentially double the player's movement speed, which would be overpowered.

14. Essence

I'm thinking at the high end of at-will. Maybe 6 or 7 turns?

A few mechanical concerns: it's a targetemptyfloor spell, yes? So no landing on bad guys or in the water and drowning? Second, can you actually make a widespread unresistable sun effect? I've had middling luck on "resistable="0"" effects, it seems like often they're actually resistable regardless.

15. I'm going to work around that by making it try to stun MULTIPLE times. It's no guarantee, but it'll generally be reliable for it.

Also, this would be type=adjacent, not targetemptyfloor.

16. Loren

Loren Member

Is it intentional to have flying tackle damage multiple people? For example, if I am adjacent to a monster and flying tackle another monster adjacent to that one (and on my diagonal), I attack both of them.

17. not "intentional", but I am aware of it. I'm not sure what there is to be done about it though.

18. Loren

Loren Member

Add "and whomever gets in the way" to the flavor text. :D

Talow, Wi§p and Essence like this.
  19. lol, excellent!

20. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Don't do this. Paralyze durations stack.

Just use:
    Code:
    <effect type="paralyze" turns="1" resistable="0" />
    It works fine. I've used it in my mod.