Essential DoD Core Skill Rebalance v.0.1.2

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

there was a cranky crossbow on floor one for 3k I was halfway to buying even... if I wanted to, I could have sold the bolts to buy it... there was about 1500 worth in the skull, poison bottle, and drill bolts alone.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

OK, so general opinion is too much too soon. That's totally OK and fixable. Expect a patch tomorrow. :)

3. Essence

OK, new version uploaded. I didn't change the mechanics of the Archery thing much, but I did reduce it to 3 arrow types and lowered all of the various percentages so it should give about half the amount of arrows that it used to.

4. Lunix Vandal

Lunix Vandal Member

Preface: This might be more related to the DoT/HoT weirdness inherent in 1.0.9, especially since the changelist doesn't mention the relevant skill tree. But I'm using the Rebalance, so I thought it'd be better to post it here.

Necronomiconomics -- in particular Tenebrous Rift -- appears to be broken something fierce. Every other skill in the tree triggers the backlash-debuffs just fine, but in ten castings across half of DL6 I haven't had any of TR's effects come back to bite me. I'd understand if my :magic_resist:40 had eaten a few of them, but every effect from all ten Rifts, with no "Resisted!" popups on my character? That just screams "bug" to me.

EDIT: Now, on my twenty-something-eth Rift, are the debuffs showing up for the first time. I mildly suspect that it's because I dropped it a tile closer to myself than I had any of the times previous.

5. What was your necro resist?

6. Lunix Vandal

Lunix Vandal Member

7 (just enough to zero out the damage from my 55-Mana-Power Necropain), though the issue is that the Rift debuffs don't appear at all, rather than appearing but doing nothing. (Sorry if that wasn't clear in the earlier post.)

7. Now THAT'S odd. Alright, I don't know what's up there.

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It probably is related to the DoT/HoT weirdness of 1.0.9, because I remember there being something like that with said version.

9. Essence

Yah, I certainly didn't mess much with Necronomics. Not in any way that would do what you described.

10. Sorry for the noobish question, but what do you mean by the Dredmor folder in the installation? If you meanC:// Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Gaslamp Games/Dungeons of Dredmor then I don't know where to put the xml files.
    Thanks in advance!

11. Essence

That's the right folder for mods, but this isn't a mod, it's a change to the core files. So if you're using Steam, it'll be

C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Dungeons of Dredmor/game

I don't remember the path for Desura offhand. If you have the HiB version, it's probably just Program Files/Dungeons of Dremor/game.

12. Velorien

Velorien Member

IIRC, there's a bug whereby casting Tenebrous Rift on the ground rather than on a monster fails to trigger the debuffs.

Also, Essence, RE the Perception list. Should Potion of Lively Regeneration really be rarer than a Potion of Healing when it does as much healing but takes much longer to do so? Perhaps replace it with a Potion of Replenishment?

Essence likes this.
  13. I'm pretty sure a potion of healing just restores 20 HP, and a potion of lively regeneration restores more over time, but I could be mistaken.

14. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can fix the bug in here if you want. Just have the Tenebrous rift trigger a self spell at turn 0. That spell then applies all the debuffs.

15. Kociamafia

Kociamafia Member

Creating mushrooms on top of corpses doesnt work for me.

16. Essence

Not sure what you mean. If there's a stack of more than one corpse, the Fungal Bloom spell doesn't work?

17. starslayer

starslayer Member

I can confirm this one. I am using the steam version of DoD with the realm of the diggle gods expansion- Selecting the fungal arts skill results in getting the normal 'mushroom farmer' skill (rather then something called 'fungal bloom') with the same description as the original mushroom farmer skill, but a 1 turn cooldown.

When you use the skill a turn passes, but there is no effect at all, casting it on a corpse does nothing, nor does it create a spore.

18. Essence

Found the problem and fixed it. Reposted. :)

19. starslayer

starslayer Member

Awesome- the core rebalanced only contains SpellDB.xml currently though- was that intended?

20. Essence

Oops! Fix'd, thanks. :)