Clockwork Knights 2.5

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Ruigi, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Jigoral

Jigoral Member

Im playing a Clockwork Knight right now, and Im having issues with the mod. It seems that the skill slots are not actually giving me a Tinker level, or a Smithing level, as shown in this picture ( http://imm.io/fZox ). Im using the Clockwork Knight + Crafting pack, Interior Dredmorating, Essential DoD Skills 1 and 2, and the FAXPAK.

I tested a new character using only Clockwork Knight + Crafting mod with 6 random non-crafting skills, and Clockwork Knight, and Im not getting the +1 Tinkering level as I should either. Is there a way I can fix this? Or am I SoL?

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

What version of the game? What OS?

And why do we almost always have to ask about that...?

3. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

If you're having problems with the craftskill bonuses, try replacing the skillsdb.xml in the clockwork knights/mod folder with this one.

It will add a special item to your clockwork knights loadout that will give a buff to all your craftskills as though you maxxed out your clockwork knight skill.

Attached Files:

4. Jigoral

Jigoral Member

Kazeto: Realm of the Diggle Gods, and Win 7.

EDIT: Hmm. This is interesting. It seems Im not getting the stat bonuses for any skill gained through a mod, or RotDG. So I retract this problem from here. It is apparently, not the mods fault.

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

~sigh~
    Is it "1.0.9", or "1.0.9 Rev.B"? Because the former had this problem, and the latter is the newest version.

No, scratch that. Looking at your minimap makes it clear that your version is "1.0.9". Thus, what you should do it update the game and try again.

6. Jigoral

Jigoral Member

My apologies. I could not find a version number. Steam autoupdates for me, but I will attempt it to force update by uninstalling and reinstalling. If you wish to assist me, I can PM you the info later, as this isnt the right thread for it. Thank you for your help (and for tolerating this sidetracking, Ruigi! <3)

7. 10ken

10ken Member

Can someone please put up a mirror for this mod? I can't seem to access doc.google.com (or mediafire or any other similar sites). I'm currently in China and apparently filesharing websites are blocked off

8. Ruigi

I attached the mod to the thread post, check the OP

9. 10ken

10ken Member

Thx for uploading the game. I started a tanky character with the clockswork knight skill. I'm having pretty decent item luck so I'm ridiculously tanky. mace procs + clockswork deflector is pretty crazy on a defensive build.

The only problem I've run into so far is that whenever I try to raise my clockswork skill 7 (eruption slam) my game crashes. Good thing I have a recent auto save. Is this a known bug or is there something wrong with my game? I'm only running megacraft+ck mods on though I have a bunch of others around

10. Ruigi

What is your game version?

11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yeah, sounds like a problem from 1.08. Update to 1.09 revB (soon to be 1.0.10) and try agin.

12. 10ken

10ken Member

Problem solved though it seems that my old save files got corrupted in the process... now I gotta start over

Is it just me or does megacraft + CK mod makes the game a lot easier since you get gear a lot faster? I just bumped the difficulty up to Rogue and I seem to be doing pretty good. Having a lotta fun being the terminator so far. What's the future like for this mod? Any new skills/equipment I can look forward to? I'm quickly becoming a big fan of it.

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Ruigi's waiting for 1.0.10 update to begin work on CK again, but there'll be new stuff.

14. syzygy23

syzygy23 Member

Hmmm, the download link keeps taking me to a bunch of files in some google doc thing. Can't you just put them all in a zip and use mediafire? I have no idea which of these files I'm supposed to download.

15. Ruigi

to download, press ctrl-s

16. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Or click the [Download Original] button in the top right.

17. zero kirby

zero kirby Member

Can't wait to try this mod out

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Diggle Retirement Policy
    (It is a Clockwork Diggle launcher that uses Diggle Eggs as ammo.)
    Not craftable. It is a quality 7 artifact.
    It does 10 :dmg_piercing:, 10 :dmg_conflagratory: and 10 :dmg_blast: in a radius of 1.
    Flavor Text: Dredmor has learned to occasionally go on a Diggle killing rampage. Otherwise they get pretty thick in the lower levels. In fact, it was taking too much time to kill enough of them to make a dent. So he crafted this foul thing.

Take it. I think it is perfect for Clockwork Knights.

19. Ruigi

It's not really possible to do this since crossbows are the only weapons that "fire ammo", and they only fire bolts.

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I know. But we can all wish for changes that will drive the developers crazy. :)
    Edited to remove my post entirely. But some have quoted it, so I am striking it through instead. It seems my humor is not always as transparent as I thought.

I *Do* like the game, and as a result I like the developers. I do not want to cause them any headaches. To put it simply, the above was meant as sarcasm. I did not *Know* that about the ammo used being restricted to bolts, but I suspected it had to be that way. I am aware that this makes me a liar for saying I know when I did not. I will burn in Diggle Hell for this surely.

Please for future references, do not take me seriously unless what I am saying does not sound like a very rude thing to say.

And finally, I am very sorry for the confusion. I will go play GRPD with the worst set of skills I can imagine as penance. (Using the Radiant Wizard mod and all melee skills. No-armor restriction too. Each death will be the first level, and I will die badly no doubt.)