Dredmorpedia

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by J-Factor, Dec 13, 2011.

1. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

My holidays have ended and I'm back at work so Dredmorpedia development is going to slow down a bit. Next big things I'm focussing on are:
    • Links to crafting recipes from the item page.
    • Fixing spell effects (right now I'm not preserving the order so something that 'teleports then explodes' may show as 'explodes then teleports').
    • Filtering out mods.

2. Is there a way to sort or filter monsters by taxa? I don't even see their taxa mentioned.

3. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Updated:
    • Added loading progress bar
    • Added links between the Item section and the Craft section
    • Added (incomplete) 'Stats' section
    • Improved 'Monsters' section
    • Added 'Interior Dredmorating' mod
    • Added 'Runecaster' mod
    Monsters are sorted by the dungeon floor they appear on. I've added the missing taxonomy info though.

Daynab likes this.
  4. kino5

kino5 Member

Thanks for the update :D
    Also, I don't know if it's just my imagination, but... could it be loading faster than before?

5. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Probably just the new progress bar making it feel faster.

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

'nother minor thing. Thrown weapons with buffs on them (EDoDSII's Poison Dart, for example) say "when you hit in melee" despite working just fine at any range. :) Also, Dredmorpedia doesn't properly lay out DoTs, as evidenced by Poison Dart again -- which deals a DoT 2 poison damage/turn for 5 turns, but is listed as just 2 poison damage one time in DP.

7. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Fixed.

Does it?

I'm looking at your XML and the relevant parts are here:
    HTML:
    <item name="Poison Dart" iconFile="items/thrown_dart_poisoned.png"  level="5" type="5">
    <price amount="40"/>
    <weapon piercing="2" thrown="sprites/sfx/thrown_throwing_axe.spr" hit="Poison" />
    <description text="This should get some venom into their system safely!"/>
    </item>
    HTML:
    <spell name="Poison" type="target" >
    <effect type="damage" toxic="2" affectscaster="1"/>
      </spell> 
    Is it meant to trigger 'Poisoned!' instead?

8. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Dredmorpedia is failing to load for me.

On my iPad it just freezes up and hangs on the "loading skills" window. I've let it run for a really long time, but no luck.

On my desktop computer, it gets a little further, but then flashes up this message:

Two days ago, telling it to stop the script allowed me to access the site without any noticeable bugs. Now, doing so causes it to freeze on the "rendering" step.

9. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I've been trying to fix this for a while. It's especially annoying because I can't seem to reproduce it on my computer.

Can you try again now? I've made some alterations that should hopefully give the browser some breathing room during the parsing/rendering so it'll stop complaining about unresponsive scripts.

10. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

...and once again, Dredmorpedia finds an error hundreds of read-throughs have missed. Thanks again, J-F. :)

11. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

That seems to have fixed it. It was still a little slow to load on my iPad, but it didn't freeze up and I could eventually use it. Thank you so much! Great site.

One request for a future version, while I'm at it. If you could have it calculate the hitpoints and melee power of all monsters, that would be super useful. Thanks again.

12. Aquason

Aquason Member

I use chrome and it always crashes on rendering. I tested the site in Firefox and it worked. Is this just me?

13. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I use Chrome and haven't had any problems with the site.

14. kino5

kino5 Member

I just opened it with Chrome to check and it loads fine for me.

15. Aquason

Aquason Member

Guess it's just me then. Weird.

16. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I do all my testing in Chrome.

When you say it crashes, does the browser just stop responding and a sad face appears? Or does it just sit there forever on the 'Rendering' phase?

17. Aquason

Aquason Member

Sit forever in rendering.

18. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Can you try a hard refresh by holding shift and pressing refresh.

19. kino5

kino5 Member

If that doesn't work, maybe you can try reinstalling. It's a brute-force sollution before trying other things, but if you save your preferences, it's fast and effective.

20. Aquason

Aquason Member

Tried. Nothing.
    Reinstalling what?