[Skill] Disciple of Chaos 1.0.9

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by ChristmasAsen, Jan 13, 2012.

1. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Download Here
    Disciple of Chaos
    (Version 1.0.2)
    This mod adds a Rogue-type skill that can be used to complement both ranged and melee styles of fighting. I spent a lot of time focusing on making sure each ability was versatile enough to handle multiple situations without being overpowered or granting an unfair advantage.
    [​IMG]
    (Items & Equips are on the sides and will not be discussed ;))​
    The abilities are as followed:​
    [Starting from the top, doing a quarter circle forward, followed by a staggered quick step into a backward ukemi roll]​
    Summon Eris:
    Pretty self explanatory; summons Eris.​
    Flyting:
    Think "Lured" with an added benefit if used correctly.​
    Left-Minded Critters:
    This skill enables the user to receive periodical help from the LMC.
    This ability is pretty much a must.
    Anansi's Web:
    Pretty sure everyone can guess what this one does, though I'll add that Anansi hates animals. A lot.
    Blessings Of Sigyn:
    Grants the use of a brittle buff that adds poison and toxic resistances.
    A big, sloppy thank you to the following for their contribution to this mod:
    Null: Coding help
    Essence: Coding help
    J-Factor: Coding & balancing help
    Dehodson: Balancing help
    Rarified Horse Meat: Balancing help
    Knallis: Feedback
    One final note:
    This skill uses the same ID as Trickster, as it is meant to be a replacement.​
    THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH TRICKSTER
    Change log:​
    1.0.2-- Howl of Fenrir (Nerfed), Blessings of Sigyn (Buffed), The Book of Results (Removed), The Plague (New mine sprite, more muchness), Anansi's Web (Buffed)​

2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I love that modified necronomiconomics icon

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I was so going to use this in my next Modventures, but I can't really condone the use of any mod that starts your character off with 2 items that sell for 49,000 zorkmids each (on Dwarven Moderation). Also, Anasazi's Web is more than enough on it's own as an activatable -- making it proc as well is way overkill.

4. dehodson

dehodson Member

I warned you bro, I warned you about those prices.

Great mod though, provides an interesting group of skills with a very cool (fully animated) summon.

5. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Will try this on a squishy rogue character and see how it works.

6. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

...Could've of sworn I changed the prices...In fact, I am willing to bet Corey Haim's [no longer having] life on it!
    As for Ansasi's Web, I'll change that up... whenever I feel like it. For the time being, I am kinda pooped out on DoD.

(In other non-related news:
    COREY HAIMS DIED!?)

7. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Not a big fan of self bumping, however, I am adding some new abilities to this skill and will need some testers again. Shoot me a message if you are interested.

8. I'm new to DoD and to be honest, I don't recognize any of your description names/titles. This may be the greatest Mod on the planet, but your OP descriptions are way to vague for me.

Mind editing in all the sniggly details and be much more verbose on your descriptions? They may all be in the .rar file, but I'm not interested in downloading a file just so I can learn about what I've downloaded.

9. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Honestly? Nope. If you want to know what the skills do, use them. That's half the fun, bro.

10. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

New user here.
    I found that your mod caused DoD crashes, since it misses trophy_collector32.png and butcher32.png from the /skill directory.
    I managed to use another pic for those two missing files, renaming as those two above, but it could be nice to use the proper pic. But honestly, I have no idea what's their use, since those aren't pictures of the skills.

11. I see what your doing now. To each their own. I'm 'a picky, so I ain't a' gunna clicky.

12. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

The download link seems a bit wonky. Any way to download this as a single folder or compressed file?

13. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

For googledocs files now you have to click the File menu, and go down to download.

Or Ctrl-S

14. The Irony, but my PNG for Trolled32 is missing, its there but I keep getting errors on it :/

15. LesuneFrost

LesuneFrost Member

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as rascalpuppyjay. Hoping you can fix this as i really want to try this skill. It looks fun :)

16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Just copy another image and rename the copy to "Trolled32", or whatever the name is supposed to be, for the time being.

17. LesuneFrost

LesuneFrost Member

Thank you! It seems to work now. A few other image related errors popped up, but i fixed all of them by re-saving the images from paint. Now off to test!

Edit: Okay, firstly bad stuff: had to open and save every image file in the skills folder, but after that everything worked fine. Not sure why this is a problem, but it's not difficult to fix.

Now good stuff: Lots of fun, random effects, mod works really well with a warrior/rogue build, got to the capstone skill, then encountered a zoo... it was worth it, just to see everything burn :D .

I did take a peak in the .xml files, and i can tell that i didn't even see all the stuff in this mod. Its very good.

18. Zook

Zook Member

i think i probably had the same problem as lesunefrost. if there's a way to fix it would be cool.

19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

This:
    It's two posts higher.

Please learn to read, or at least learn to search for information on your own. Because posting about your problem in a thread that is one page long, without first reading that thread to see if there's a solution available is a sign of extreme laziness and ignorance. And, frankly, something that makes me very angry.

20. Zook

Zook Member

first off, i'm not typically terribly willing to mess around with something i'm unfamiliar with. dredmor mods are amongst those things. i don't know the file structure, i don't know where to find anything in said file structure, hence me being a little leery of doing anything with it at the moment.

second, this is literally the first time i've tried to do anything with dredmor mods, and this was the only one that presented a problem.

third, i haven't even beaten the game vanilla yet, i was simply trying to see if it would load. i'm also not typically willing to fool around with something i'm not even going to be using immediately, since i had hoped there might be an update by then.

fourth, how did you know i wasn't talking about the post that was directly above mine when i said i had the same problem? that seems somewhat more logical of an assumption, and it seemed like having that confirmed as something someone else had a problem with might be useful information.

excuse me for not being clearer, but it has been a really crappy week and clarity of mind, speech and writing have suffered somewhat when i'm not actively thinking about it as much as i obviously should have been.