Clockwork Knights 2.5

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Ruigi, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

The "visor" is just a skill that temporarily gives you a high radius of trap detection when you activate the skill. Turn it on as you enter a room so that you're not suprised by the traps.

The skill only grants you 1 leather cap, if you have more than one leather cap then the bonuses are somehow applying more than once for some reason. I know there have been issues with mod installations for mac users. If you use a mac you might want to consider manually merging the files together into the same mod. This can be tricky to do if you've never changed the game files yourself. the trickiest part is merging the XML files, which is essentially a large copy/paste operation.

2. Nick Coelius

Nick Coelius Member

I thought it might have been a skill, but when I checked for it there wasn't one, and I didn't start with it on my taskbar. I am using a mac, I'll have to try it out on my Windows machine when I get home.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Check if you can't add it by clicking the little + icon.

4. Nick Coelius

Nick Coelius Member

Did that, no dice.

5. Travanoid

Travanoid Member

I'm also on a Mac. The 'visor' skill isn't showing up for me, and the Skill tree is on the character creation screen twice. Any ideas on how I could fix these issues?

Edit: Another issue came up when I tried to use the "Sonic Wand". My game closed and quit to desktop. Same thing also happened when I used the "Pearlescent Wand".

6. Ruigi

The issue with macs is linked to trying to install multiple mods at once. The only solution i can offer at this time is to merge the data files including all the xml data into one mod. I should probably do it myself.

7. TSFF21

TSFF21 Member

Is it a good idea to still take Smithing/Tinkering despite the already given bonuses to each?

8. Onamar

Onamar Member

Yep. Clockwork Knight alone only gets you up to rank 2 in Smithing, Tinkering, and Wand Lore, and level 1 in Alchemy.

9. Ruigi

new version 2.4

10. Damien

Damien Member

I have a bit of a problem with this mod, when I select it alongside Megacrafts, the only mods I have installed, the game tries to boot, then crashes. With Just Megacrafts this does not happen. Using Windows 7, Steam version.

11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yep. Trying to load the new version at all crashes the game before the splash screen. You click Go on the mod loader, and whap-- crash to desktop, no errors given.

12. Damien

Damien Member

Ok, good. It's not just me.

13. Ruigi

uh oh

14. Ruigi

I had a really good idea what was causing the crash. Luckily I was right...

15. Klaste

Klaste Member

Ahh you confused me when you said to copy over the clockwork knights folder, when you meant clockwork knights zip. I kept looking for a folder inside the zip..

16. Essence

THE CORRECT WAY TO ZIP UP A MOD

It's simple. You start with your smattering of folders -- most mods will have a Mod folder, a Skills folder, an Items folder, and maybe a Sprites folder or some such -- and then you zip THOSE FOLDERS directly into a .ZIP file with your mod's name.

So Essential DoD Skills.ZIP has the folders Mod, Skills, and Items in it. Directly. There is no intervening "Essential DoD Skills" folder you have to click through before you get to the Mod, Skills, and Items folder. If there were, the mod wouldn't load correctly.

Sorry to sound pissy, but I've had to unzip, correctly rearrange, and re-zip almost every mod I've downloaded, and I've downloaded all of them. ;)

17. Ruigi

didn't know that dungeonsofdredmor.exe could read the zip files directly, i've just been putting the whole folder in there. On my end it makes it easier because i'm constantly changing the game files.

18. Essence

I don't know if you have it, but 7zip has this wonderful function where you can go into a folder, select all of the items in that folder, and then right click them and go to "compress into archive foldername.zip", and it'll make you the correct zip folder for you to upload while leaving all of the files in an open folder for you to keep modifying.

At least, that's how I do it. :)

19. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

winRAR does the same thing.

20. Damien

Damien Member

So is this something I could do to this mod to make it work or does it have to be on Ruigi's end?