Megacrafts Mod (v0.1) fixed crashes, new recipes

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by zaratustra, Jan 4, 2012.

1. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Ah, I see the problem. I thought Self-sealing Stem Bolt, Slotted Bronze Discs and Aetheric Power Cylinder dropped.

2. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

v0.1, fixed crashes and added recipes for the tinkering craft items.

3. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

v0.2, added three crafts by Ruigi.

4. Repulsion

Repulsion Member

I'm pretty sure that the self-sealing stem bolts and other things such as that were in the game initially, it's just that the Clockwork Knights mod made use of them.

5. mysteriono

mysteriono Member

This doesn't seem to show up in the modloader when starting the game, any clue why?

6. Onamar

Onamar Member

The Megacrafts folder should be placed straight into this directory:
    C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\mods\

Well, if you're using Windows 7 anyways

7. mysteriono

mysteriono Member

It's there, it just isn't showing up on the list for some reason.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured since all my other mods just had me put the zip in that this would be the same, sorry, new to modding this.

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I hate to tell it to you, zaratustra, but it appears as though DoD is still crashing because of some unlucky recipe.
    And I'm quite sure I have v.0.2, so it's not a matter of using an outdated version.

Some wands are working fine, though, as I did see quite a lot of them before stumbling upon that cursed game-crashing bookcase.

9. Onamar

Onamar Member

Edit: Okay never mind, it to fixed itself once I rebooted the game. Weird.

10. Rikaru20

Rikaru20 Member

Any idea how to get the buff to increase your smithing to 7, from 5? I only took the smithing skill tree and with it maxed, it's only 5. With the buff it's 6 but I can't make the sword of necropoking without 7. Is there a lower floor that gives 2 towards it instead of 1?

11. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

You have to find one of the special rooms (they boost your crafting when you stand on the right place)

12. Rikaru20

Rikaru20 Member

Yes, I found one of those on level 8 and it only boosted by 1, not 2, like I needed.

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The ones that give +2 are deeper, Rikaru20.

14. So if you're a maxed Clockwork Knight and Smith, you could craft everything without the special rooms? (eventually) (if you live that long while focusing on crafting)

15. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

If you're mixing mods, you can also pick up a spare point of Smithing from Silver Tongue. :)

16. That makes me wonder about a character built entirely from mods. I think the gun is the only weapon skill we've got though?

17. Essence

Who needs a weapon skill?

18. Zldafnatic

Zldafnatic Member

I love this mod, it's probably my favorite mod so far, though I do have a couple suggestions.

1) Increase the alchemy improvements. I don't really know what you could add to alchemy, but smithing and tinkering got some of the best equipment in the game while alchemy got a couple of good pieces of equipment and some good throwing items. At this point, I'd almost say tinkering is better for a mage given it has one of the best magic staves.

2) More minor, but could you make it so that maces and aces can get rough weapons from crude weapons like swords do? I never understood why swords were the only ones that get that ability.

19. TSFF21

TSFF21 Member

I don't know if its this mod or the More Items one, but whenever I find the recipe for what I assume is one of the wands (I remember it requires that wand-repairing sphere thing), the game instantly crashes.

20. Essence

That's a known issue with the core game. I know the Handy Wand recipe crashes my computer every time; there may be others.