Root of T'Char

Discussion in 'Stories & Fan Fiction' started by zgep, Sep 1, 2011.

1. zgep

zgep Member

After my fleshsmithing vampire promethean bloodmage archaeologist golemancer died horribly earlier today when I entered lvl 2 and where stuck on the stairs because a boss was blocking me, I was in the mood for a warrior-like build.

So I created a mace-wielding psionic master-of-arms assassine burglar which was highly successfull on the first lvl, clearing it in record time (for me), despite finding only terrible loot. Then I stepped on the wrong teleporter plate on the 2nd lvl and was surrounded by at about everything that lives down there. Somehow I miraculously survived and, to be able to disarm some of the traps in the room without to much risk, decided to heal up.

When I went to my inventory I saw this strange root I had to have picked up somewhere along the way and ate it.

About 2 secs later 1 was wtf? Wtf?? WTF?!

Then I died :(

This game is AWESOME!! :D

2. rederick

rederick Member

You can feed monsters food. I wonder what would happen if you fed Lord Dredmor a root of t'char :]

3. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

oh man that sounds like !!FUN!! :D

4. hafu78

hafu78 Member

i love roots of t'char. try eating one and surviving, it can be tricky when the sigils come. never got my achievement no matter how many times i ate it, though.

5. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

I chomped on one of these in my current run the moment I hit a zoo on level 3. By the time the fireworks were over, I'd eliminated about half the population.

It's my new secret weapon.

6. neocow

neocow Member

wait, they hurt you? >.> I always thought killing everything insight was a good thing!

7. ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight Member

neocow the Root of T'Char is the single most destructive item in the game... really have to get my hands on one the next time I screw up a character and find a monster zoo.. and least I'll go out in style...

8. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

...you can?

9. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

I fed a monster in a monster zoo one; nothing of interest happened, unfortunately.

10. Garcia

Garcia Member

I thought that was just dropping the item onto the same square as the monster? Do they definitely eat it?

(I now wonder if Gaslamp will add Texan Presidents as enemies and the pretzel of powah as healing items that present potential choking hazards)

11. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yes, they eat it and in fact regen faster, so you can feed food to your pets.

12. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

Too bad they don't get the food's/potion's effects...

13. ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight Member

Yeah be nice to open up a zoo and cram a Root of T'Char down a mobs throat.. then RLF.

14. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

It bothers me greatly that the achievement text for the Root of T'char says 'imbibe', which means drink. As far as I know there is no way to drink a root, and definitely not one that is currently implemented into the game.

15. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

brb making a grinder recipe for the root of t'char.

16. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

According to Merriam-Webster
    to receive into the mind and retain
    to assimilate or take into solution
    to take in or up

17. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

Every definition I've come across either refers to drinking a liquid, the receive into the mind thing or 'taking in' in the context of absorption. Either way, it comes from the Latin bibere which means to drink. I didn't get an A* in GCSE Latin for nothing!

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Imbibe can (and likely does in this case) also mean "to take in", which is pretty similar in meaning to "to absorb" and refers to absorbing substances by taking them in.
    Bah, you could pretty much use that word when referring to any substance you take.