[1.0.9] Jay's Mega Phoneme Mod

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by jaybud4, Dec 23, 2011.

1. jaybud4

jaybud4 Member

[​IMG]
    It adds over a thousand new phonemes for the random name generator. You'll rarely see two artifacts or named monsters with the same name ever again!

Get them today!
    Current Version: 1.1

Installation --
    Windows: Put the downloaded file in My Documents/Gaslamp Games/Dungeons of Dredmor/mods/
    Linux/OSX: Uh, probably some similar sort of folder?

Update 5/16/2012: Holy buckets! A content update! Now with 1337 lines of text.xml
    Update 1/4/2012: Using a non-extracted ZIP now, seeing as how it is in fact possible to do that.
    Old Versions: 1.0

tojosan, MrAltamente and Essence like this.
  2. Along as this doesn't add any dumb meme references or something equally as dumb I'm going to say that this is a good mod.

3. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

No meme references!? How do you survive on the internet?

4. I just find them annoying and unfunny.

Rarefied Horse Meat and Dashen like this.
  5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

"These words are blasphemy! Blasphemy!" A Dalek
    I agree with this. Blasphemy indeed.

Thanks for the mod, this looks very useful.

6. jaybud4

jaybud4 Member

Well, the phonemes were for the most part extracted from the words of the Dragon language of Skyrim.
    That said, they're all split into phonemes as appropriate, so you're not likely to get "Dovahkiin".
    I did stick a few easter eggs in there as well, but they're also appropriately split as phonemes, so the chances of you getting a name that is recognizable are very slim.

Essence likes this.
  7. Shadow

Shadow Member

So I duno if it's just me, but the link 404's?

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I had no problems running them together, so most probably will.
    Unless you aren't using Windows, in which case you'll have to merge them manually first. But after that they will.

9. Ok sweet, now all I need is the link to to be fixed.

10. jaybud4

jaybud4 Member

EDIT: Or, apparently the link's actual location stayed the same, while the text changed.
    Silly server software, when I delete a link, you're supposed to delete the link.
    Fixed now.

11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

So, I downloaded this, but I don't know exactly if it's working correctly.
    Every time I play Dungeons of Dredmor, I have to switch to Mod Launcher from the Launcher, and select your mod every single time, it doesn't stay selected.

And in the game, I don't know what has changed enough, to see if the mod works.
    Maybe you could help me figure it out, so I don't have to constantly reselect the mod each time I want to play DoD.

12. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

You have to reselect every mod, every time. The ability to have mod choices stick between games has been requested, but the devs haven't made it work yet.

13. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Ah. Okay. Then in that case, I can say the Mod works fine. I noticed some interesting names for Artifacts in the game now.
    I was mostly worried because of that issue.

14. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

I'd like to request a mod that adds all the letters of the alphabet as phonemes. For some reason, I find the idea of having an artifact with a name like 'Zbvgdc' hilarious.

15. William_13

William_13 Member

Honey badger don't care. Personally, I probably wouldn't recognize most memes right away anyway.

16. I'm using this in my Batman playthrough. I seem to be getting artifacts and minibosses with better names than usual - I can't be certain whether that's your fault or simply luck, but thanks for the mod either way!

17. jaybud4

jaybud4 Member

What's this? An update? No way!

...It's true. Grab it from the first post.

Daynab likes this.
  18. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaah! The download link is missing! The Phoneme mod is lost, and my backup too!!!

19. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Aaaaaand... here we go!
    Just went checking on the Steam Workshop, the 100% legit and original
    Jay's Mega Phoneme Mod
    If mods want to update the open post.

Attached Files:

Kazeto likes this.