Dredmorpedia

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by J-Factor, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

That's nice that you have templates now. One thing I could ask is that attack skills (denoted in the xml by attack="1" in the spell tag) are labeled as this means the character attacks and the damage scales by melee power.

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Added.

Although I'm not sure what damage type the additional damage is.

3. Null

All of the mundane damage in the ability scales, but in the same way as attacks there's the grouping of crushing, slashing and blasting, so the scaling is the highest of those types.

And it needs to have mundane damage to begin with so it doesn't apply to ki cascade strike.

Lure doesn't actually lure, it just aggros.

4. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Right, but what about a spell like 'Cogito Ergo Splat'? It deals :dmg_existential:5.

I tried testing it and it appeared to be adding crushing damage. I tried adding some crushing resistance to monsters but it still seemed to be dealing the full 1 x :melee_power: of damage.

Also, if the spell has multiple 'damage' effects, does each one scale? E.g. you add two :dmg_crushing:1 tags, would the total damage be 2 + 2 x :melee_power: ?

5. Null

It's the highest mundane damage type. The ratio to melee power does not increase at all no matter what damage you have, even two crushing.
    Cogito Ergo Splat should deal exactly 5 existential every time regardless of melee power. Same with ki cascade strike above (obviously the proper damage for that). Keep in mind that in any case the normal attack on the single tile in front of the player, so Cogito Ergo Splat deals 5 existential plus normal attack damage.

Also I edited the above post with something but might as well post here that lure actually just aggros and does not actually lure, hence why chicken monsters don't get closer.

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Is there a way to look up a mod in Dredmorpedia without coming to the forum and checking the link?

7. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

At the moment the mods are added manually be me. They are in-dispersed with the normal/expansion data. I'm planning on adding some kind of option to show only the stuff added by an individual mod.

8. BDR1985

BDR1985 Member

I like it, though there's two things that would allow it to more completely supplant the outdated wiki. One I see already got suggested (comments section), but the other thing I'd like is the ability to see how to craft the craftable items from the item pages in addition to the crafting section; even just a link to the crafting recipe entry from the item entry would be good (as in, I should be able to get to the Brandy crafting recipe entry from the Brandy entry in the Booze section).

9. Essence

Oh, OK. Do you take requests to have mods added? (Don't add mine just yet, though, I have a round of revisions to make in the next couple of days so it'll just end up changing again anyway.) Or better in the long run, is it possible to create a place where someone can upload the zip file of their mod and have the 'pedia add it automatically?

Also, is there a marker somewhere that tells a reader what's mod content and what's expansion content and what's base content? Because I could see someone getting really pissed searching endlessly for a Crownstar Addendum or something like that, never realizing it's not in the core game.

10. Terefor

Terefor Member

I think there's a "mod" or "RotDG" marker at the superior right corner of the entries.

11. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Do people want to comment on every individual item/skill/craft/spell?

...that might be a bit hard, given this is not using any sort of wiki software.

That should be simple enough.

Sure. It's no effort at all.

You can also hover over the marker to see which mod the entry is from.

12. BDR1985

BDR1985 Member

Oh no, that's not really necessary. Pages for strategy/builds/etc. are all I'm hoping for; the biggest trouble would be things going out of date, but that could potentially be solved by either asking commenters to put in the version used or auto-designate based on the current version available from the main site.

e: at the time that the comment is placed, that is.

13. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Changelog
    • Added 'Monsters' section
    • Added (incomplete) 'Data' section

Still considering the various suggestions made - haven't forgotten them.

14. Essence

Just an FYI -- Dredmorpedia is missing a few things. Specifically, if you look up my skill Ninjitsu and compare Dredmorpedia's scan to the XML, you can see that neither Fadeout or Taijutsu Stance's entries mention their respective triggerondodge and targethiteffectbuff effects. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning. It seems that triggers within buff tags aren't showing up in general.

15. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Fixed.

Essence likes this.
  16. Essence

Also, if an effect spawns more than one of something (i.e. Poisoneer 3 -- Venomous Darts) Dredmorpedia only shows that it conjures one. Also, it would be really cool if Dredmorpedia pointed out which skills were Polymorph-only and what Polymorph they were associated with :)

17. This. is. EPIC.

Any chance you can add SwiftStriker to it?

18. Essence

Also, if a given item occurs both in a mod and the expansion, Dredmorpedia calls it a mod item (see: Burning Tome). That probably should be the other way round.

19. Null

the amount of melee power should be equal to exactly the amount in attack.

20. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

Please add pages for gameplay objects and rooms and things at some point, I'd love more detailed documentation of those.