Windows Vista/7 32-bit Can't Complete Quests

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Thrones, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Thrones

Thrones Member

Well, some of them anyways. I just played a game down to the 3rd floor, only completed 2 quests total, my 'In Progress' had 5 others, that I could not complete. This has happened all day. Not sure if it would've started around the time the expansion hit or not, only really been playing today.

All of them seem to occur with kill quests, I just can't find the mob. To make absolutely sure I wasn't just overlooking somewhere on the map, I spent the last 2 hours on floors one and two looking for 2 quest mobs on each floor... nothing. I assume their spawn isn't even being triggered or something?

Heading to sleep, will check this thread in the morning. Thanks to anyone that can help out.

2. BadBeat

BadBeat Member

Well, I know when I played a few months back, I encountered a bug that meant Quest Bosses could spawn inside walls. You couldn't see them.

Also, there are hidden rooms now and I guess it's possible that quest mobs could spawn in them. I've not had that happen to me, so it's just a guess, but if it did, you'd have to mine out the map looking for them.

3. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Quest monsters are consistently not spawning as of 1.0.9. If they were spawning in hidden rooms, it'd be a somewhat rare occurance, given the odds. Given that every "kill X" quest isn't producing the monsters, it's safe to bet that they aren't being spawned at all.

4. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

Have the same problem, i got up to 4 Quests to kill monster companies but they never seem to appear on my map and 4 times in a row to be spawned in a hidden room ....

normal bossmonster spawns are ok, it only is the quests with monster companies.

5. Thrones

Thrones Member

Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues with this. I like to play on 'No Time To Grind' mode, so my available artifacts are already shortened. If some quests are unavailable to be completed, it just makes the problem a whole lot worse.

In the meantime, until a hotfix takes place, does anyone know whether I can disable the quests that break through xml (Making it only leave the summon bosses/delivery quests)? As Kaoschan mentioned, it's the quests that deal with commanders and minions.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's no time to grind mode acting up at this point. I'm looking into this today.

This is very odd, actually; quests haven't changed *at all* in the codebase since 1.0.3 or so.

Exile likes this.
  7. Thrones

Thrones Member

Keep an eye on the normal mode too. As I said, I played a lot yesterday, and after finding out that I wasn't getting quests in No Time To Grind, I decided to just switch over to the regular game-mode, assuming the quest mobs were spawning in walls or something.

Same thing in the regular game-mode though, unless those buggers are really good at avoiding me.

8. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

Btw. my report form above was for normal mode.

I can add now a 5th and 6th quest to it. "blabla kill company blabla" wasn't appearing on my map (i uncovered every exepct hidden rooms)

9. Borodin

Borodin Member

I've found that the "kill ABC squadron" quests may drop said squadrons in areas of the dungeon I've already covered, in which case, I have to wander through to find them. This isn't a criticism, just an indication why those quests may seem incomplete. The same applies to the "find DEF object then defeat ABC squadron." In one case, the object was in one of the first rooms I'd uncovered in a dungeon level I'd just about finished. I happened to be looking around for squadrons to complete those quests, and noticed a strange orange X on my map. Lo and behold, it was the site of the object, and picking it up generated the squadron.

10. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

They're not even marked on the minimap, which they should be if we've already covered that area.

11. Borodin

Borodin Member

The object is marked with a large orange X on the mini-map. I haven't seen squadrons or Inconsequentia's target bosses ever marked on the mini-map, so this isn't a bug. It's just not something Gaslamp ever put into place.

12. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

Normal gameplay mode, ROTDG enabled, 3 quests on floor 1 - 2 "kill x battalion", 1 "find x widget". Widget spawned, Mobs didn't.

13. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

The quest monsters do indeed frequently appear on the minimap. I use it consistently to track them down when using Inconsequentia late in the level after it's all been explored. Saves a lot of time. They appear as little circular almost smiley markers in red that move around on the map as they try to find you. When they die, the markers get darker and stop moving. All seems to be working as intended for me on 1.0.9 w/ ROTDG.

14. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

*nod* Widget recovery marks the widget with a yellow cross - that still functions. The red "bad guys" markers don't even show up, nor do the critters.

15. Jellyman

Jellyman Member

Same problem here. Normal gameplay mode, ROTDG enabled. I have had several quests that the ABC squadran I'm supposed to kill either don't show up at all, or just aren't on the minimap. And I have spent awhile searching through the level, but I didn't search the entire dungeon. I did have the entire dungeon mapped.

16. Aleph Zero

Aleph Zero Member

The quest mobs don't spawn for me on normal mode and no grind mode, both with RotDG enabled.

17. Savant

Savant Member

I think I saw a related bug that may be what is causing this.

A monster company of fish paladins spawned where one of the members was stuck in the wall in a corner. I was able to attack it with an AOE and it hit me with it's missile, but it couldn't move or get into melee range. Perhaps the quest monsters are often getting spawned inside walls.

This was on normal levels by the way, and I had to abandon several earlier quests due to being unable to find the target monsters.