Now all we have to wait for is steam.

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by Neckbeard the Green, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Borodin

Borodin Member

I assume the new expansion means a new launch screen? Right now I'm still showing the standard DoD one.

2. The new skills haven't shown up in the character creation screen for me yet, so no luck for now. Let's keep waiting.

3. Wrexxman

Wrexxman Member

I bought it this morning and like everyone else waiting to be able to download it.

4. Delta

Delta Member

Well I just registered and thought there maybe a problem since every time I start up the game, it crashes. I don't know whats wrong, all I did was try to turn up the music volume and then all of a sudden, BAM! Dungeons of Dredmor has had an error and needs to close.. Something something something module name SDL.DLL and other random assortments of Microsoft error language.

5. Borodin

Borodin Member

Probably something you should post about under bugs, Delta. Quickest way to get a response. It's not related to the new DLC, though, cause it's not available, yet.

6. Delta

Delta Member

I'll check there then, but, I never had an issue before until buying that DLC last night around 10pm Central time. Everything was working well before I got up this morning. I eagerly await it.

7. Borodin

Borodin Member

Did you see new skills, a new launch screen? Are you on a Mac? Because if not, you're still running DoD 1.08.

8. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Delta, can you fire us an email to the contact email address with your operating system and as much detail as you can about the issue?

9. Delta

Delta Member

Nope, the skills haven't shown up yet, and yes I am a Windows user.

10. Delta

Delta Member

Yes sir, I'll get typing one asap.

11. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

(Also, yes steam is working on resolving our DLC issue. The expansion was pulled from the store a few minutes ago while they wire it in properly)

12. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Thanks! =)

13. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

I do hope they get it sorted before it gets too late.
    (As it is nearly 8pm here.)

14. echo85

echo85 Member

I don't know if I have ever been so impatient for a release before.

I have bought it and have the Gaslamp Games twitter account open just waiting to be told it's working and everything.

I can only imagine it will be worth the wait though

15. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

I just finished downloading it! Well, something. Brb/bbl depending. :D

Edit: Well, now it says the game is unavailable when I try to play... xD

16. Blue

Blue Member

Same here, restarting Steam does nothing.

17. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

My theory is that the DLC isn't officially out, so even if we just downloaded it, it just won't let us play it. Because Steam. :)

18. Lunarius

Lunarius Member

Yeah think yourre right

Edit: Think that it`s then playable soon *hope*

19. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

Just had steam download 8.7 mb of DoD

20. Blue

Blue Member

Navigating to the game's directory and clicking the .exe (there are no new ones there) launches Dredmor vanilla.