Now all we have to wait for is steam.

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by Neckbeard the Green, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't matter if you buy it yet or not (it's on Valve's side anyway so if there's a problem they'll resolve it) But yeah they're still trying to figure out what's going on.

2. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

For once, being Mac works in my favor. Werediggles unite!

3. woland

woland Member

So Mac version works?

4. boyle1888

boyle1888 Member

As far as I'm aware the problem is only with the Windows version of the DLC.

5. Borodin

Borodin Member

As I've written before, the lack of a DLC after purchase is not a problem. It's a feature. It's Ultimate Marketing. You buy anticipation. You don't play the game you've purchased, because that would take time away from building anticipation towards your next purchase.

Slightly less seriously, it would seem counterproductive for Valve to advertise DLC when they haven't tested it to make sure the product is available. But I'm just an idiot consumer, so what do I know?

6. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

It's Steam. They've got problems galore.

To be fair, their product is massive, so they are probably doing the best they can. I'm still not a huge fan, but I can understand the logistical nightmare that is Steam. Or rather, I can't, and in such ignorance, I understand.

7. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

Yep, at least through my brief 15-minute test play this morning before work. Couldn't play more, unfortunately. Damn responsibility!

8. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Testing? We don't need no stinking testing?!

The regular Steam B-Team (there is no A-Team in Steam!) has obviously went on a long Christmas vacation. You got the janitors who make up C or D. They must've switched their shift schedule, too. :tinkerer:

9. Borodin

Borodin Member

It also appears that the actual purchase of the DLC via Steam is in limbo. I've never received confirmation of it, though that Valve applet is listed in my DLC. I'm hoping it will go through automatically when the issues surrounding the DLC are resolved, but I'm not betting on it.

Was a time when you bought a new game from a developer you liked and knew via mimeo'd announcements through snail mail. The game would arrive in a plastic baggie inside a box a week or more later. Now we have the luxury of buying games on the Web, and once problems are resolved, they are instantly installed. Several days later. That's progress, my friends.

Godwin likes this.
  10. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Awake, bleary eyed, scanning emails. Looks like we're still waiting for the lights to turn on at Valve HQ.

11. Lunarius

Lunarius Member

Waaaaah i want Play the DLC, maybe Valve has gone into hiding with our Money? *hope not* xD

12. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Nah, they're on pacific standard like us, not quite 9am here

13. Lunarius

Lunarius Member

Ah ok than the`ll have a small excuse......... thought there working from england..... gaah It´s really hard to wait..... haven`t felt like this for a really long time..... the last one I can remember where it was this hard to wait, was for the release of Planescape Torment or Midwinter.....

14. Borodin

Borodin Member

Then spend your spare time while waiting, considering this: What is it that will make a man want to change his nature?

Lunarius and brobbeh like this.
  15. Obviously, it is belief. Whatever you believe can make a man want to change his nature, it will.

16. Borodin

Borodin Member

Purchase just came through. That's an encouraging sign, if you like playing with money.

Kind of an in-joke, since Lunarius mentioned Planescape: Torment. That's a the big theme behind the game, and within it.

17. That's good and all, but there's still one little detail...

*Shakes Steam* STEAAAAAAAM! Where is our Dreddamned DLC?
    I know. Planescape: Torment was an awesome game. In this age of Mass Effect and Dragon Age, I still find great depth in that game, depth I haven't found in any other RPG I have played.

18. Borodin

Borodin Member

Applet now has a name, Dungeons of Dredmor Expansion. Game still loads the basic DoD 1.08, however.

19. Lunarius

Lunarius Member

Yeah PS:T is an awesome game. Btw. when i look at the Tab DLC of DoD it doesn`t tell me that I got a TestApp anymore, insteat the title is now correct, so I think we can hope that this now just a matter of minutes...?

20. Let's hope it's such. I'm running out of cheese to ease the wait.