1.08 Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Null, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Godwin

Godwin Member

* Vampirism:
    It seems as though the lifedrain/-steal on melee hit doesn't get added to life total before the damage of the attack of the mob the next turn is subtracted. Case in point, I had 3 life, did a succeful melee attack, should have gotten 3 life (blobby at full health, did 7 damage) but instead I died from exactly 3 damage.

2. GoingJuffoWup

GoingJuffoWup Member

I'm having problems trying to get onto Dungeons of Dredmor. I have the game on Steam and i'm using Windows 7.

The problem is that i'm trying to loadup my game like usual and nothing happens! It justs stays on the loading screen forever until I close it.

"Preparing to launch Dungeons of Dredmor" That's all that happens :(.

3. blob

blob Member

I believe you are well prepared now !

*blood magic bug
    A bit like for vampirism it seems all steal on hits happens too late in the turn:
    The 2nd skill that does mana steal on hit from blood magic doesnt steal mana if your attack kills the monster.

4. Godwin

Godwin Member

* Leftover experience after leveling from Heroic Vandalism doesn't transfer over to the next level like it used to do.
    Not certain it's not intended.

Also many rooms can be seen a little from beyond a wall, what shouldn't happen, and sometimes a wall is not continuing or ending properly.

5. Godwin

Godwin Member

Actually forget it, it seems the problem is the Blobby. They can't be lifestolen from. Intended I guess.

6. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

Seems like that with Undead as well.

7. Godwin

Godwin Member

Makes sense, they don't exactly have blood :p

What makes less sense however is that sleeping mobs still can dodge, I am pretty certain I read once that that was going to be fixed. If it was fixed it's unfixed now.

8. blob

blob Member

Yeah they could still dodge in their sleep in 1.06 as well.

9. Godwin

Godwin Member

Now that I'm thinking about sense (something one should ever avoid), it occurs to me that you cannot lifesteal in combat from Deths and blobbies (undead bone and jell-o), but you can drink from their corpse...
    Needs Fixing For Consistency?

10. blob

blob Member

Maybe you drink the orange juice they have in their pockets ?

11. Godwin

Godwin Member

:p

Also: Horadric Lutefisk cube has no price behind it when you're in a shop, though that may have been because I had it's UI open with lutefisk in it. Removed the lutefisk: still no price. shift-click: sold. :| I kinda counted upon Brax saying "I ain't buying that" like he does with offal.

12. blob

blob Member

Yeah its the same for the n dimension lathe.

13. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This is because drain works with piercing, and blobbies, deths have piercing resist.

14. Steve McElroy

Steve McElroy Member

Stacking traps on the ground from your belt slots then picking them right back up grants you extra traps. Example: i stack 10 on the ground pick them right back up, and now have 12 in my inventory.

Edit: just noticed i pick up 2 traps instead of 1, must have at least 3 for this to work

Edit: only have confirmed on the shoddy dwarven IED, AFS and crude blade trap, also you must pick up the whole stack, stack them all on one tile and re-pick them right back up

Makes for easy item dupping and money gathering, hope this gets fixed

15. evankimori

evankimori Member

Brass rings stats do not remove when you UNEQUIP them but you have to equip another ring to get the stat to return to normal. They're not working properly at all. Especially if I can make 1 Brass Ring, equip it to both slots and get +4 Pierce Resist.

16. Godwin

Godwin Member

Aaaah that's a whole other level of sense... I thought it was because they didn't have blood :p
    Thanks for the answer.

17. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I don't agree with it however, it should be separate from resistances.

18. Godwin

Godwin Member

Would be nice if it was blood-based... but pretty hard probably. It'd need buff. As it stands, how many monsters have piercing resistence?

Also:
    *[​IMG]
    The poster underneath an arrow-spewing hole? Nnnnnno.

19. blob

blob Member

I m guessing blood based can be done now that monsters have category type such as "animal" or "undead" ?

For the poster hehe. The opposite would have been vicious.

20. Godwin

Godwin Member

lol indeed