Is Gaslamp Games still alive?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Mochan, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Mochan

Mochan Member

After the disaster that was Clockwork Empires, I haven't heard anything about Gaslamp for like the past year.

I'm hoping things are still fine. And I am still hoping for Dredmor 2.

Does anyone know anything about what's happening? I know GLG spent a lot of money on Clockwork Empires, but the game just didn't pan out.

2. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

Long story short, it looks like they're dead! :(

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Alas, it would seem that CE was a “do or die” kind of thing, and with it being not best received the company flopped, one way or another. The last active news is from a bit over a year ago, and there is nothing from beyond that point.

For what it's worth, some of the GLG people are known to now be working on different things/for different people, which is a tad telling.

4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

They apparently hid themselves in shame after their second game failed to be playable

5. Smoogly

Smoogly Member

well if we stay here, then dredmor still lives. at least in spirit.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I guess that is true enough.

7. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Member

Dredmor is polished, has mod support, and tons of replayability. It's as alive as a single player game ever needs to be. I always keep it installed. As for CE, I still plan to play it a bunch with the community patch.

I do miss the blog posts, though. Good times. Oddly enough, if I had known CE was never going to be finished, I would have purchased it a lot sooner so I could follow the development (and give them some much-needed support).

Kazeto likes this.
  8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Where is the community patch btw? Is it on this board? Can you link me to it?

9. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Member

Samut and Kazeto like this.
  10. benexclaimed

benexclaimed Member

Any info on the team members and where they're at now?

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Does “not here” count as info? Because that's the most basic we have.

12. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

(I'm still around on twitter at https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE if any of ya'll wanna say hi. With the caveat that I don't know anything about GLG at this point, I haven't worked for them since 2016)

r_b_bergstrom, Bohandas and Kazeto like this.
  13. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Well that's at least something. Thank you

Kazeto likes this.