A Personal Goodbye

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Daynab, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Hey everybody. As of the end of last month, I no longer work at Gaslamp, but I wanted to give my personal regards to all of you. Sorry for being quiet this past month.

I've been here a long time now and I'm extremely grateful of how cool this community has always been, to me and each other. You're probably the best gaming community I've had the pleasure of being in :)
    I'd name many names both from the early, innocent Dredmor days and folks who joined us with CE and always stuck with us through hardships and tribulations. You know who you are!

I've noticed the spam lately on the forums, but we've taken some measures against it and I'll keep an eye on it for a few days until it's not appearing anymore.

If you want to keep in touch, my Steam name is Daynab, feel free to add me. That said, I won't be able to really answer any questions about CE gamedev.

Keep being awesome, folks!

Jacq, rydash, DaCrAzYmOfO and 6 others like this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Very sorry to see you go, you've been such a positive and helpful part of the community. Wish you the best in all future endeavors!

PeterH, Exile and Daynab like this.
  3. paulo gabbi

paulo gabbi Member

so this mean the game is abandoned this is sad

Beaujetto likes this.
  4. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

Daynab's a community mod, not a dev. CE is not abandoned by any means.

5. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

The devs have been basically silent since early December. Let's hope they're taking some time off after the last two years of hectic development. I'm not worried yet since I've had to recover from burnout before, but the lack of communication is a bit concerning. Hopefully we'll get some news soon, even if it's of the "We're worn out from pushing through beta the last five months and need some more time off" type.

Exile and Samut like this.
  6. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Thank you Daynab, for all your time and support you have given us. I wish you the best for the future.

Exile and Daynab like this.
  7. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I'll just pipe in with my two cents here; I've had the opportinity to coordinate with Daynab on a couple of things like the Official Wiki and our multiple attempts to get the Wikipedia page working, in addition to a little bit of friendly chatter over Steam, and Daynab has always been accessible, helpful, and a pleasure to converse with. I happen to think he's acquitted himself very well as Community Manager, and I wish him well in his future endeavours.

8. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Sad to hear this Daynab. :(

So that's two at least confirmed no longer at Gaslamp (Or at least no longer working on CWE... not sure if Moomanibe was employed by Gaslamp or contracted for CWE specifically).

Just hope this isn't a sign of more to come. :\

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    PeterH and Exile like this.