1.0 House with paintings +cap calculation

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Cthulhu_Awaits, Dec 2, 2016.

1. I found out that putting a painting in a house, give you a +2 population upgrade. The problem is that in a lower class house the +cap is calculated in a way that it keeps the +2 base cap of the house, in a middles class house it doesn't. So in L.C.H. I have a +7/5, in a M.C.L. a +5/4.

Attached Files:

• cap1.jpg
      cap1.jpg
      File size:
      437.6 KB
      Views:
    • cap2.jpg
      cap2.jpg
      File size:
      417.5 KB
      Views:
    Exile likes this.
  2. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

I have seen this as well but I don't understand the point of the extra numbers because even if you have a 5/4 in the MCL house you still only get the 4 max overseers, at least in my game, have you gotten the extra #5 overseer?

Exile and Cthulhu_Awaits like this.
  3. I tested it (demolishing the paintings, and checking the caps and workplace capacity) and it works for both labourers and overseers (+1 for the latter and +2 for the former). I attached the save if you want to check it for yourself (stable branch!)

Attached Files:

4. Sathra

Sathra Member

I actually thought this was intentional/working as designed.
    Isn't the overseer cap lower than the labourer cap anyways?

5. Yeah, in fact that's how I think this feature is designed to work, but the cap notes on the houses say otherwise :rolleyes:

6. Exile

Exile Member

Sorry if you consider this rude...But!
    The word gotten is an americanism and totally redundant, The word have tells all.have you received,or have you acquired,.
    Last but not least did you obtain.. You may catch me in Swedish though.
    Always a big fan.

[​IMG]

7. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

And The word "BUT" negates or cancels everything that goes before it, so I am not so sure if you really did not mean to be rude or not. :(

I know the word "gotten" is sometimes said/written in America instead of the proper word received, as an American, I decided to use it. Although I am an English speaker, this forum is used by many non-English speaking people and as long as the posts here are understandable I do not see the harm in a few misspelled words or the occasional grammatical faux pas.

8. Please, don't be too strict to our dear Exile, I think he was trying to say something like "What I'll say might, and probably will, sound rude, despite my neutral/positive intentions". It's more or less what I did with our Alephred, when he was talking about the Latin in "Carnifex", and my highschool-Latin poked my back until I posted my rude-ish correction to him... even now I think it was kind of unnecessary :eek:

Exile, I must say this: you're kind of mystery to me right now. You seem to have some good knowledge of English, and I appreciate the correction you made to me (to which I would have liked to reply via "private conversation" to avoid the clogging of threads with off topic stuff, but apparently I can't start conversation with you), but still you seem to write in such a concise/ultra-minimalist way that I often find it difficult to quickly understand what you're trying to say. Is it because you're writing from a phone or from some similarly constrained interface?

Exile and Jagwithtude like this.
  9. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

@Cthulhu_Awaits, to be honest, I do feel somewhat bad about my snarky reply to Exile, I just find it hard at times when something as simple as a misspelled word or the use of a word that might not be grammarically correct gets pointed out when the meaning of the sentence is still understood by the reader.

Exile likes this.
  10. Well, my signature openly encourage this kind of behaviour :rolleyes: so I'm, in part, at fault.
    [Having played the piano for quite some time, I fear the process by which little mistakes pass unnoticed and "deposit" as "false positives"...]

Exile likes this.
  11. Exile

Exile Member

My dear fellow awaiting.
    I avoid redundant verbosity in order to be succinct.

Perfection is difficult to obtain.
    The avoidance of particular dialects is not "clogging",but serves a useful function in striving for perfection of
    in, a once functional and beautiful language, Gresham's law may go to Ctuulu!

I have a state of the art machine..
    This grammatical aspect being primarily due to your allusion that British English was not your first language,
    that I attempted to place reference to items such as the antecedent in the text above..
    You are communicating very well.
    What is needed is the spell check,access to a Fowler''s and a Roget in addition to your Oxford.
    After all that is the Union Jack somewhat modified ,we are parodying ,not the Stars and Bars
    I apologise to all for any perceived offence,

Doch ein Troll ist ein Troll!

[​IMG]

Jagwithtude and Cthulhu_Awaits like this.
  12. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I have no idea what's going on in this thread. But to return to the original point:

Had a look in the code and found the problem: What's going on here is the painting is giving only a +1 bonus rather than a +2 bonus! Everything else is fine. This is now fixed in the dev build.

Kaidelong, Cthulhu_Awaits and Exile like this.