Ingots Missing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Regina Absher, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

I have my smith smelt these and my ore disappears as it should. The ability to make them is not grayed out, I can keep smelting, but the ingots never appear in my inventory. As a result I can't make the more complex modules. Is anyone else having this problem?

Exile likes this.
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Which ingots? Can you send us a save where this happens? Thanks!

Exile likes this.
  3. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

All of them. Anything I smelt from ore disappears. Is there a way to send you a save that will be useful to you? Do I locate a copy of the saved game and upload it?

Exile likes this.
  4. Nicholas

Pretty much, yes! You can find the save games in C:\users\your name\documents\gaslamp games\clockwork empires\saves

Exile likes this.
  5. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

In this game that I quit, the metalwork. At current I am out of materials to smelt metals, I had used them all. But when I had them, they actually smelt them and the materials are subtracted from the inventory list. However the ingots of the metal are never added to my inventory. This prevents me from making everything that requires metal unless I can trade for it. Of course there is the strong possibility I am doing something wrong.

Attached Files:

6. Nicholas

This is on 1.0B. Can you get on 1.0D and see if the problem persists?

Exile likes this.
  7. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

I bought the game on Steam and it has auto updates. As best I can tell, I have the most recent updates. Although I do not see any way within Steam or in the game to verify the version I am playing, If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

I am sure you have your hands full of bugs, but I have attached a save from my current game. I love building games and plant scrubs around all my buildings. It is minor, however when you plant shrubs for some reason previously planted scrubs are dug up. Example, you plant scrubs around the kitchen, then the scrubs you planted around the carpentry are all dug up. Building games are about beauty, symmetry and many other things.

Attached Files:

8. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

If you look on the upper left hand side you can see which version you have 20161123021904_1.jpg

Exile likes this.
  9. Sathra

Sathra Member

Nicholas is asking you to opt-in to the experimental beta (right-click game in library, properties, beta, dropdown "experimental' if you don't know).
    1.0B is the stable version I think? Anyways, 1.0D fixes quite a few bugs...and adds some new ones, but they are fixed for the next! Or being worked on, which is just as good.

EDIT: In any case, the shrubs aren't dug up when loading the save into 1.0D. Same with the ingot thing.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  10. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

I want to thank you so both so much for your help. I have never asked questions on a forum like this,but I really like this game and it has been a long time since I enjoyed a video game. I figured out how to do it except it requires a beta access code. Is there anyway to obtain one?

Jagwithtude likes this.
  11. Sathra

Sathra Member

Not needed. The experimental betas aren't private, that's just a Steam thing to have that entry box. Just opt-in and close the properties panel. Should start downloading automatically.

12. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

You are correct. When I went to play the game I had to start a new one. But it did say I needed an access code. Glad I didn't. They are still digging up some of the bushes though. Thanks a bunch again!