The Upper Class

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Jonta, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Jonta

Jonta Member

Just starting (around pop30) so i haven seen the upper Class yet, but i wonder ?

When will they normaly start comming and is it important to prepare for it (housing food ect.)

NB: Love the game !

2. Upper class people arrive when you have proper housing for them. As fat as I have seen in previous builds, they come one per house you build for them. And they don't need the immigration event. Things may have changed, I didn't have much time to progress the colony lately :(

Exile likes this.
  3. Jonta

Jonta Member

Thanks, must try to get a home for them and see what happen!

4. jim darnaby

jim darnaby Member

this is something that needs to be tinkered with, there is currently absolutely positively zero perks or gains from building high class (aristocrat) housing. They unlock nothing, they provide nothing, they actually just hinder you since you have to have the nicest quality food (which is not possible in all biomes without getting extremely lucky with traders carrying sugar loaf) (this may have been fixed, but the desert or tundra, one of those I was unable to make food for them, I cant remember which biome I was in)

So essentially, the aristocrat housing at the current time is of little use or purpose.

Samut and Exile like this.
  5. Wolg

Wolg Member

The upper class are supposed to be a useless drain by design...

I maintain they should arrive not just in response to housing capacity but also events, and have their own arcs of Fun (including how they act out their disapproval if you aren't ready to accommodate them...).

Samut and Exile like this.
  6. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I think they should act as a food source.

Jagwithtude and Exile like this.
  7. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

That's not entirely true. They were supposed to improve your standing with the Empire.

Exile likes this.
  8. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

I thought I read some where that these are the colonists that can become your steam knights.

9. ironbear

ironbear Member

I think I read about this steam knights too.

But is steam knights really good? Someone said that steam knights is more loss than gain since they blow up your stockpiles and resources.

Exile likes this.
  10. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

Yes, the steam knights carry big guns and you can loose things on your stockpiles if they are hit but you can also loose things from your stockpiles if any gun fight is near them, I lost all of my wood once because my NCO and company were fighting by that stockpile and they were only using their ceramic pistols at the time.

11. ironbear

ironbear Member

oh ok I c. Thank you very much

Exile likes this.
  12. Wolg

Wolg Member

Right up to the point their carelessness on the frontier gets them killed, of course... ;)

Exile likes this.
  13. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

You are welcome.