1.0 Suggestions list

Discussion in 'Design Suggestions' started by Zaralzer, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

Hello. I will expose on a list (instead of creating one post for each suggestion) of all the suggestions I have for the game.

Roads, and roads: Comented and comented, nothing more to say.
    Fences and walls: Already commented too, but loved to see them in the game for more realism.

Indoor walls: Should be good to be able to build indoor walls for example separating certain parts of the building (on the public house for example for separate booze vat and chairs/tables.

Better AI for overseers: Well, I seen Overseers fighting against bandits and other factions also when they will die for sure. Should be better that if they are low on health try to run or go with other people to get help. I'm tired of looking how my soldiers go against a bandit and they chase him to their base and then die.

Call of war: An option to make your civilians hide on structures (or maybe a new "bunker" structure?) for example when you get a large attack from any faction (with more than 20 people) is really weird to see how they run to one or other direction without nothing to do in the middle of the battle and dying after... Completely unnecesary how 10 civilians died in the battle when I had 2 steam soldiers and 2 full squads to kill them.

Dinamic sizes of blueprints: Well, is only that, just a way to get different sizes of land to harvest or graveyards. 7x7 fields only are bad and unreal.

Too much glow on blueprints :Yes, I mean on that annoying green glowing when you place items. If you get some items is really weird to look at and you do not know where are you placing the object.
    [​IMG]
    Sizeable windowed mode: Well, this is more personal but I always loved the games when I play in window mode they be able to maxsize them to my desktop so they fit correctly with the window and my windows taskbar.

Queue list: Yes, a queue list, give a building a general list of what to do and in what order they have to do. I mean not into every object, I mean on the building itself.

Consumption/production information: A general overview of how many of each items are using your town and how many are you producing daily, this is fine for example to see the food how much you produce everyday (and with other ones too).

More variation buildings: Well, maybe a more customization on the buildings should be good. What about to update and customize the walls, the floor, with expensive ones?

Controllable reinforcements: When you get an invasion from any faction should be good to manage in any way the reinforcements, sepcially the steam soldiers. It happened some times to receive an attack and they are on the other side of the colony. When they arrive to the area, probably 4-5 of my labourers died.

Resize buildings: Just that, a way to increase/reduce the size of a building instead of destroy the structure and build it again. This can be after a finished building and, of course, more editable blueprint.

Generate charcoal from burnt timbers: That's it, when for some reason a forest get burnt and generate burnt timbers, you can get charcoal from them with forage.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Thanandorn, Cthulhu_Awaits and Exile like this.
  2. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

More variation buildings: Well, maybe a more customization on the buildings should be good. What about to update and customize the walls, the floor, with expensive ones?

Exile likes this.
  3. I always forgot to comment on the glow/transparency while placing modules.... Please, tweak a bit this thing, I often can't understand what I'm doing! :confused::eek: Especially in buildings like the public house or the chapel, where the green square of accessibility are all over the place! And the fact that the modules actually hover the blue squared base of the building gives you an offset on the actual position of the modules you're trying to place...

Exile likes this.
  4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yeah, I need to do something to make these more... clean and less... bad.

Exile likes this.
  5. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

Yeah, I'll +1 this. a muted color on already placed workshop access points would be grand.

Exile likes this.
  6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Or, frankly, just not being a glowy mess. It ought to be brass and copper, or something. I'll look into it.

7. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

Resize buildings: Just that, a way to increase/reduce the size of a building instead of destroy the structure and build it again. This can be after a finished building and, of course, more editable blueprint.

Exile likes this.
  8. FEEL THE PAIN!!

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  9. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

I see it and update to... FEEL THE PAIN

[​IMG]

Exile likes this.
  10. Uhh... is it a challange? :cool:
    So... I'm not the only one that didn't notice the new cost of the church windows, I guess?

And they don't even give you the +1 quality of the tooltip -.-'

Exile likes this.
  11. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

Furniture placement: Clockwork Empires' megaprojects.

EleSigma and Exile like this.
  12. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Member

Or perhaps just forbid any placement that blocks the last access point for a previously-placed item? (Or indeed the new one.) I'm having difficulty thinking of a reason why anybody would do that intentionally. If it's impossible to completely block an item in placement, there's much less need to display all those APs.

Exile likes this.
  13. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

Generate charcoal from burnt timbers: That's it, when for some reason a forest get burnt and generate burnt timbers, you can get charcoal from them with forage.

Exile likes this.
  14. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Member

Speaking of charcoal, it would be nice if smelters used coal in preference and only started on charcoal when they run out of coal.