1.0 All the bugs found

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Zaralzer, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

Hello, I will expose on a list (instead of creating one post for each bug) of all the bugs I will find on the game. I'm playing hard on this (almost all day) so I found some interesting.
    I seen there are some bugs posted already but I will post them anyway, most of them are visual ones.

Error counting free overseers when you demolish a building
    If I have a overseer in a building working (let's see a kichen) and I demolish it, the free Overseers are not updated and still being 0 (or anithing you have). Also If I build another kichen and assign it to this Overseer it discounts one overseer from it and appears -1 overseers.

Crash placing gabions near airship mast
    For unknown reason, If I place a gabion closer than 2 or 3 squares near an airship mast I get a crash.

Large line of 'phantom' gabions
    Randomly when I place gabions and left click to cancel it I see a large line of gabions, they are like phantom and Overseers do not build anything. If I place a new gabion, this line dissapears.

Manfish selection problem
    Very comented already, only one or two pixels to select a Manfish is really annoying.

Workers place anywhere
    That's it, seems the workers after a while, they place anything anywhere after few time. I have a lot of resources around the map because no one get them and send it to stockpiles.

Invisible wall near door
    When you place a door in a oposite direction of a wall, this wall gets invisible.

[​IMG]

Graveyards overlap
    I do not know what caused this (it was after a loading game) but I was able to build a graveyard overlapping another graveyard.

Unable to move up/down queue modules
    I don't know exactly when it happens, I guess it happens when you have some modules on it (enought to have to do scroll down or up) but when I try to organice the modules they do nothing.

Multiple research at same time: If you get enought points to finish a research and you click it fast enought, you can unlock other researches without waiting for them. The problem (not problem at all) of this, you get negative investigation points.

Building over building: Maybe this bug is related with the "graveyard" ones, but I can blueprint over an existing building and just build it, so the building overlaps the other building.

Overseers houses over their capacity: For a some reason, the capacity reach 5/4 if you get all items and place a Painting Decor who is hidden on the list and appears if you reach giving you +2 capacity.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Exile likes this.
  2. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

Another one, just visual

Invisible wall near door
    When you place a door in a oposite direction of a wall, this wall gets invisible.

[​IMG]

Exile likes this.
  3. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

Another bug found.

Graveyards overlap
    I do not know what caused this (it was after a loading game) but I was able to build a graveyard overlapping another graveyard.

Exile likes this.
  4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I'll comment on the ones I can give useful answers for:
    • Error counting free overseers when you demolish a building: Fixed in dev. (Problem was demolition didn't auto-unassign the overseer.)
    • Crash placing gabions near airship mast: Thanks, logged as OC-5901!
    • Large line of 'phantom' gabions : Known issue, it is in our system as OC-3552.
    • Manfish selection problem: I can't comment on core issue, but policy for what Naturalists should do with horror corpses will be set via Naturalist's Office in next patch.
    • Workers place anywhere: A couple issues were found and are fixed in dev, will be corrected in next patch.

Exile likes this.
  5. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

Another bug found:

Unable to move up/down queue modules:
    I don't know exactly when it happens, I guess it happens when you have some modules on it (enought to have to do scroll down or up) but when I try to organice the modules they do nothing.

Exile likes this.
  6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The extra door *should* be fixed in 1.0C, as should the "unable to move up/down queue modules" and "workers dropping stuff everywhere."

Will fix the graveyards overlapping graveyards.

Exile likes this.
  7. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

That don't happens only with graveyards. It also happens with any other placeable item like stockpiles, farms, etc.

Exile likes this.
  8. Rob Rendell

Rob Rendell Member

As long as the overlapping area of graveyards is handled correctly (i.e. things render correctly, the colonists can't put a higher density of gravestones in the overlapping area than they can in a normal graveyard) what's wrong with allowing players to designate graveyards which overlap? Perhaps they only want to widen the graveyard by a few squares down one side (because that's all that's currently flattened, and the original graveyard is full).

Same goes with stockpiles, farms etc. I might want an irregularly shaped stockpile or farm. I'm not sure it should be considered a bug.

By the same token, it would be nice if it was legal to drag out a floorplan of some building type which overlapped an existing building of the same type to extend it, rather than having to build an entirely new building elsewhere and demolish the old one if you want to add more modules and realise you should have made it bigger originally.

Exile likes this.
  9. Zaralzer

Zaralzer Member

Another bugs found:

Multiple research at same time: If you get enought points to finish a research and you click it fast enought, you can unlock other researches without waiting for them. The problem (not problem at all) of this, you get negative investigation points.

Building over building: Maybe this bug is related with the "graveyard" ones, but I can blueprint over an existing building and just build it, so the building overlaps the other building.

Overseers houses over their capacity: For a some reason, the capacity reach 5/4 if you get all items and place a Painting Decor who is hidden on the list and appears if you reach giving you +2 capacity.

Exile likes this.
  10. Destro Yersul

Destro Yersul Member

I don't think this is a bug, I think it's part of the painting being a special thing you can't make.

Exile likes this.
  11. Cengro

Cengro Member

Any updates to military being so weak? I mean I had a soldier die to a giant beetle but a colonist can walk up to it and wack it with a club a few times and it dies? Are the guns too weak?

Exile likes this.