Oh no, my overseer tells me I have to forage fungus out in the wilderness!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Pakuska, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Pakuska

Pakuska Member

I want to stay safe in civilization. I know I need to forage the fungus or I have no food. How do I gain enough courage to be able to go out and forage stuff that is far away from my colony?

Exile likes this.
  2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Pray for the strength of the holy cog.

Exile likes this.
  3. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

It also depends on their personality, the "foolishly brave" don't have any problems leaving the colony to go out and forage but if they are "craven" they will run away from any and everything.

Exile and Pakuska like this.
  4. Pakuska

Pakuska Member

Ahh.. I hadnt think of that. I wish the game wouldnt give those assignments to those people then. It can really bottleneck things. I sadly have to abandon my colony. The game is unplayable above 50 colonists. :( The stockpiles glitch out, the queue's no work, the people get confused. Dont know if its my shitty CPU (an i5) or the game just getting confused because of the many commands its getting per second.

Exile likes this.
  5. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I find that stockpile glitches clear up when an explosion wipes out the contents...

Pakuska and Exile like this.
  6. Pakuska

Pakuska Member

You think that will help? Because.. I have like 2-3000 pieces of food in my stock pile lol

Exile likes this.
  7. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Especially then !

Pakuska likes this.
  8. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

You can choose who is in which work crew, e.g. if I have someone who is "craven" I just assign them to a workshop so they don't need to go outside of the colony. The foolishly brave are great for the barracks and the naturalist jobs.
    I have had a few problems with no work getting done because I have assigned too many things to do and not enough people to do them, so I now know to go into the work assignments and pause the ones that are not so important, letting the workload get down and then go back un pause them when there in not much else to do.
    Sorry, I can't help you with your stockpiles glitching out as this has not happened to me, may I ask what you mean by them glitching out?

9. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

How did you manage to get that much food at once? and yes if an explosion happens close to a stockpile the food goes bye bye.

10. Pakuska

Pakuska Member

Thanks for this posts, some good tips! For example, yesterday I spend a few real life hours trying to build several modules, they either would show up as having the right amount of materials, but instead it didnt, so I didnt know and just kept waiting, untill I manually checked to see if I had the right materials and found out I either missed some iron ingots, or didnt had any brass cogs left.

I am currently trying to make a Vacuum chamber, I have all the materials, but the overseer (and its labourers) in metalworks just wont make the damn thing. No matter if I assign a differnt overseer, replace the workbench, or put it on another spot. They just wont make the damn thing and I dont know what to do about it. And the stockpile glitching out, I mean that they dont place things on the stockpile. Instead they go out in the wilderness (I have a walled settlement) and place things there, that sometimes (very rarely) gets them killed if fishpeople attack, or there was a recent meteor shower. I have enough overseers to keep the stockpile managed. I usually sit on 2/5 overseers assigned to a task.

In the early days of my colony, I had some food issues. I made it a habit of having a healthy food supply, when I got the small iron oven upgrades, my food sky rocketed and I couldnt figure out why I kept getting more and more Farmer's stew eventhough I cancelled that order and replaced it with refined food. Which I thought would produce "Refined food" But instead just makes more farmer stew without me knowing it because I was expecting it to be called "Refined food". :^) so... with the increased efficiency, they used less raw food, and gave me more processed food and it just kinda skyrocketed haha. I will close the kitchen for a few years and see if the game will run better, because it has been unplayable for me. Would be funny if I sabotaged myself with food though.

This became quite the essay... Sorry for the long post!

Exile likes this.
  11. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

@Pakuska it's cool with long posts as I too sometimes make them :) About the vacuum chamber, I think that's a bug because I can't make it either. I have found it's not really needed if you have the macroscope and a chalk board the research gets done rather quickly, I always have an overseer and a labourer working in my lab. I too noticed that if you try and make refined food it becomes farmer stew not sure why as before the 1.0 launch making refined food became refined food, it could be that you have to research that as well before it changes into refined food.

12. Naffarin

The current recipe for the vacuum chamber lists 2 steel ingots but in reality requires 2 iron pipes. But this will probably be fixed in the next release, it was already reported twice in the bug forum...so for now, just build two iron pipes

Exile, Pakuska and Jagwithtude like this.
  13. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

FYI bugs with both the queues and the stockpiles have been fixed moving forward. I'm hoping to have this patch out tomorrow. In the mean time, if you can send me a save game where there are any troubles going on, I can verify that they have been fixed. Thanks!

Exile, Pakuska and Jagwithtude like this.
  14. Pre 1.0 versions had refined food as an higly efficient way to make good quality food (1 raw + 1 booze= 8 overseer's food ).

15. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

It's still in there, just hard to get. High relations with the Republique caused them to give me the recipe.

Exile likes this.
  16. Naffarin

You can also get it by researching Refined Cooking after researching fancy cooking

Exile likes this.