Descent into the Dungeon OOC thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

The art is from here. I took it that, as birds, the drill shapes were beaks, and they used them as picks to burrow and for attacks, hence the gore attacks.

2. Godwin

Godwin Member

Jump over it? Doh! The :trap_level: is 10 FEET, not 10 METERS :confused:
    Stupid different gauge systems :p

3. blob

blob Member

Its still a good jump to do if you are wearing armor, heavy weapons and stuff.

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yeah, but I'm not really, and I'm quick and strong and have the Jump skill. That said, I'd rather let the Rogue do his thing.

5. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

What're you talking about jumping over? This seems to have come outta nowhere.

Reason I'm asking is, I've got a jump spell prepped. Really. +20 to Jump checks for 6 minutes. Pity I can't cast it on the whole party. I need to see if I can make a "mass" version of it.

6. Essence

Jumping over the trap plate and then stringing up a rope for the party to cross over.

7. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Okay, other than Berz, who else here is good for up-close work? I've got a bull's strength spell for whoever can best use it.

8. I'm also built for melee. I was going to shoot at them until they got in close range.

9. Essence

Well, I'm not built for range, so I'm charging in. Also because I play two-handed, I'll get more damage per swing out of that Bull's Strength spell than Hort (assuming Hort isn't a dual wielder; if he is, it's about the same.)

10. blob

blob Member

Hehe... I think I would have tried to move back, taunt them and watch them hopefully stupidly fall into their own trap door.
    Thats pretty much a monster zoo you re starting with ! :)

11. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

That would require us to pull away the door we just de-hinged. Besides, this way's more fun.

12. Actually Essence, Hort does do dual wielding. Hort has three blades right now.

13. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

You need a third arm magically grafted to yourself.

14. blob

blob Member

Wouldnt work now in any case, since I just teleported in the middle of that mess ! <: D

15. Godwin

Godwin Member

So ehm... are we just posting our actions in random order and the DM then puts it right chronologically or do we only post according to initiative order? I thought the latter was the idea, or has it been decided that's too much waiting for people?

16. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Hm. I thought about that a lot, and your post just solidified the argument in my head. Just post actions, and I will rearrange. If your action no longer makes sense, I will have you supply a new one. And to clarify, Torma and the monsters are surprised, and the other 4 are acting normally, according to the initiative order. Next round it gets fun.

17. blob

blob Member

And by "fun" I assume you mean "Torma gets trashed into small bits by enraged diggles" ?

18. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Well, the motto for Dwarf Fortress is "Losing Is Fun".

19. blob

blob Member

Too bad Dwarf Fortress is pretty much the only rogue like I hate : D

20. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Medium bits, not small.

Wi§p and brobbeh like this.