1.0 Issues related to streaming (Twitch, YouTube, etc.)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Alephred, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

So this has been raised as an issue previously, but I figure now is a good time to bring them up again. Clockwork Empires works inconsistently with software intended for streaming gameplay. Specific problems I've encountered:

Attempting to stream through NVidia's GeForce Experience (aka Shadowplay):

NVidia GeForce Experience

1) Running in any kind of fullscreen mode, GeForce Experience doesn't recognize that a game is running, and will not capture or stream.
    2) Running Clockwork Empires in a windowed mode works, but only if you also configure GeForce to broadcast your 'desktop', i.e it's still not recognizing that a game is running.
    3) By extention, the resolution options for CE are a bit wonky; I can select my max native resolution + 'fullscreen' and the game will play at that size, but selecting the same resolution without 'fullscreen' results in the game defaulting down to the next highest resolution in a window (i.e. no fullscreen borderless)

Open Broadcast Software (OBS)

1) Can reliably capture a full-screen session, but only for recording purposes; attempting to broadcast said stream will result in Clockwork Empires crashing, regrettably.

Exile likes this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Does this mean you're stream is cancelled today?:(

Exile likes this.
  3. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

No, everything is going ahead as usual, but I'll be playing in a big window instead of fullscreen. :)

Exile likes this.