Crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by deadmancomand, Oct 27, 2016.

1. deadmancomand

deadmancomand Member

I've had 4 crashes in 4 hours, so I'm thinking it's my machine vs a game problem, unless no one is reporting problems. Here are the DMPs, please let me know if you need other files.

I like the game so far, though! Just had my first cultist.

EDIT: Thanks for the updated needs! I removed the other DMP files, as I don't have the other files to go along with them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Exile likes this.
  2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

They commonly ask for the most recent replay file (replay directory is in the saves directory), the most recent save (if one is present), and the console file. Note that starting a new game erases the console, so it pays to save it away after a crash.

Exile likes this.
  3. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Member

It's not just you. I'm still getting frequent crashes.

Exile likes this.
  4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Can you two gentlemen please let me know if this is still an issue with the most recent hotfix posted this morning, and if so please post refreshed .DMP files here please? Thanks!

(The reason for this is that we need up to date DMPs to be able to match the symbols in the game with the EXEs we built, so things have to be Fresh.)

Exile likes this.
  5. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Member

Still crashing almost immediately when I reopen a save. (v. 1.0B, yes?)

I'm not seeing a .dmp anywhere. From Googling I understand there's supposed to be a dialogue to create one when the game crashes but if so I've never had that; it just closes and I get a "Clockwork Empires quit unexpectedly - ignore/report/reopen" dialogue.

Running on Mac, if that's relevant. I've attached the contents of the crash report, pasted to .txt:

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Ack, a mac-specific crash. Okay, fixed and will be in the next round of patches. :)

Exile and Geoffrey like this.
  7. deadmancomand

deadmancomand Member

My crash in the posted files happened a few times after I reloaded the save (all BEFORE my copy updated with the hotfix), always when a Occult Investigator found something and went wild with his flame gun in the middle of my town.

However, I just had a several hour session on a new map, no problems. Well, no technical problems, that is....bandits fighting obelisks in my town square was eventful!

Exile likes this.