Watching New Players on Youtube/Twitch is Fascinating

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Unforked, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Unforked

Unforked Member

Some never flatten any land, while others won't even start until a huge swath is flattened. Some are extremely meticulous about how they place buildings and modules, while others slap them anywhere. Some build a farm first thing, others... forget to build one until they're out of food.

Most common probably is taking some time to realize building more than one workbench/module per shop is a good idea. It does take quite some time to get to the mid-game this way, but that's okay. I always get excited for them when a creepy event pops up.

Exile and Mikel like this.
  2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Vicarious unforked is vicarious.

Exile, Jacq and Unforked like this.
  3. Unforked

Unforked Member

The great news is they all seem to enjoy it so far!

Exile and RepoMan like this.
  4. Mikel

I may have to break down and figure out how to record a video... perhaps after my main machine comes home.

Exile likes this.
  5. Unforked

Unforked Member

Oh you definitely should. I'm sure you'd provide some great commentary and gameplay twists. No pressure of course... :steak:

Exile likes this.
  6. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

It's surprisingly difficuly to speak coherently and play anything, let alone multi-step planning in Clockwork Empires. ;)

7. Unforked

Unforked Member

Oh, I don't doubt it. That's why I'm not a youtuber. I'd be either yakking nonsense or completely silent trying to concentrate.

Exile likes this.
  8. Jacq

Jacq Member

I've been playing for 2+ years and I'm firmly in the "huge swath flattened" camp. :|

Exile likes this.
  9. Unforked

Unforked Member

I'm starting to do that more often lately. I used to just flatten where I need to and plonk down buildings when space opens up, but having a huge clean canvas to work with is pretty satisfying.

Exile likes this.
  10. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I never flatten unless I'm absolutely forced to, which is probably why flattening terrain had so many bugs for so long. :)

Exile and Jacq like this.
  11. Mikel

I tend to build up VERY close to my initial drop spot. Besides, the Empire will not have the land dictate our plans... we will bend the very earth to our will... Progress!

Exile and Cthulhu_Awaits like this.
  12. Mikel

My colonies invariably look the same every time... I wonder what that says about me...

Exile likes this.
  13. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Do you have some secret dev version that doesn't give you starting areas that are 90% unusable ground every new colony?

Exile likes this.
  14. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

No, I just build tiny cramped buildings and usually the game crashes for me before then :) The joys of always debugging your own code...