What kind of colonist is considered an NCO?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Unibrow, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Unibrow

Unibrow Member

I had an event that required that I either have a barkeep, a vicar or an NCO to resolve it. I assumed the NCO would be an overseer assigned to the barracks but that didn't seem to count for the event. Is it a different position that is considered to be the NCO? Or was the event just not working properly?

Exile likes this.
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Which event?

Exile likes this.
  3. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Sounds like colonial spat.

Exile likes this.
  4. Unibrow

Unibrow Member

Yes, it was the colonial spat.

Exile likes this.
  5. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

A barracks overseer is an NCO, and I have seen it work. However, there are possibly some variables at play... did your NCO have military experience or did you press another into service?

Exile likes this.
  6. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

If the NCO is one of the people involved in the argument, then they are not a valid solution to creating an, ah, "resolution".

Edit: We could perhaps make this more clear in the set-up.

Exile likes this.
  7. Unibrow

Unibrow Member

Oh that makes sense, I went back in my logs and the NCO was indeed one of the colonists involved in the spat. I hadn't considered that.

Exile and dbaumgart like this.
  8. Exile

Exile Member

Edit: Perhaps the Clockwork Empire Monarch would be aware of a clearer solution
    How would you make the colonial spat, if ,indeed it is an actual usually white spat, clearer.That may cause it to become invisible.
    Although that is an event of a spat, between two folk,the event not being a concrete noun.
    But you will still obtain another ,like, regardless of my bewilderment..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spat

Should that be an enigma?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016