Where are the Rugs?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Trygve, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Trygve

Trygve Member

I've been lurking in these forums for a while, having played the beta version of this game for about a month, and today is the first time I've tried the full game.

While I'm disappointed that some of the old bugs are still there, like the incorrect wallpaper offset, what really concerns me is being unable to produce rugs and carpets. In the past I made them at the Decor Workbench in the Carpentry Workshop, and everywhere in the current build of the game, I'm told I have to make them there, but they're not available to me any more in the Decor Workbench menu.

Please fix this asap! The tutorial in particular is nearly unplayable when you can't place rugs in the houses to improve the quality, which you are expected to do to finish the tutorial. Imagine this being your first game, and you can't finish the tutorial.

Also, you don't like book cases any more?

Exile likes this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

You need to research rugs in the lab now. I think this may cause quite a bit of confusion.

Exile likes this.
  3. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Instead of being greyed out or not there they should have a lock icon in the corner or something.

Exile likes this.
  4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

(I plan to see if we can get a "locked recipe" button style for clearing this confusion up in post-release.)

Exile and Jacq like this.
  5. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

While you are at it, can you make it possible to build buildings even if you don't have all the materials, but add a warning icon to it? Oftentimes I know that I will have enough resources to build another house in a minute or two, so instead of waiting it would be nice if I could just place it.

Exile likes this.
  6. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

It is not about having enough, it is about having any at all.

Exile likes this.
  7. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

I thought there was a minimum you need before it even shows up.

Exile likes this.
  8. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

You know, now I am unsure... I just remember starting projects where I did not have enough to complete them.

Exile likes this.
  9. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

I think it had a minimum, but then if you make the building any bigger it will cost more.

Exile likes this.
  10. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

You need a minimum of 1 of every resource...then you can layout blueprints that cost more then you actually have.

Exile likes this.
  11. Trygve

Trygve Member

I often use small stockpiles to mark the footprint of a building I plan to build, but which I can't allocate the resources for yet. I put down two stockpiles in the diagonally opposite corners. This is especially useful when you start a game and you need the buildings to built in a particular order, or when you want to allocate space for an important building you don't yet have the materials for (e.g. a chapel).

Exile likes this.