BETA 55A IN FRANCE THEY CALL IT "LE HOTFIX"

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soopah

Soopah Member

I hope you guys could find a solution for the scrolling soon. I can't play the game due to the threat of puking.

2. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

... and the zooming...I would love to play, again as well. Especially the zooming out...can't do it...too close...too much movement for brain to process. Then it's blech...I won't play because throwing up is not on the to-do list and being laid out for 4 hours with non-puking motion sickness is not an option for me. =( I did love changes, though...I was looking forward to taking some time off work to play.

3. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Crash right after foreign invasion troops arrived.

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  4. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Also, I built a still, and it got into a very odd state. there is one still. there are two stills in the kitchen module menu. increasing the value of one randomly increases the other. Not sure whats happened there.

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  5. jim darnaby

jim darnaby Member

I cant play first person shooters due to nausea but I haven't had any problems with this game giving me nausea. Not saying I like it zoomed in like it is, I prefer it to be able to zoom out further than it did in the beginning even, but it was fine to me. The over view of the whole colony is nice to have just to see what you have done all in one shot (or close to one shot)

Surprised as many people say they get sick from it though, I literally can not play FPS games for more than a minute or two before I have a headache and lose my mind, but this really hasn't even been comparable to that in my case. Not calling anyone a liar obv, just a surprising thing to hear since I thought I had it bad with games.

6. Jacq

Jacq Member

I don't get a nauseous feeling but I also prefer being able to zoom out a little bit more. It's really difficult especially with the large fields (coconut,sugarcane), because I end up scrolling around looking for flat space and end up plopping the field way farther away than I realized. Just overall I find myself getting annoyed at the game for making things like planning/placement "harder" via the UI.

(The frustration with field placement is exacerbated by the minimap being on the wrong angle(?) and lacking useful information, and having the "flatten terrain" orders having the lowest priority of all.)

Exile likes this.
  7. jpinard

jpinard Member

Dumb question - is experimental same as main right now? I switch from normal to experimental and nothing downloaded.

8. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Yeah, 55a was important.

Exile likes this.
  9. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

I suffer from severe motion sickness...FPS no fricking way...I actually will throw up. People with motion sickness or simulator sickness vary to the degree of their symptoms and what bothers them and what doesn't. For me I need a zoomed out game so there isn't constant motion that my brain and eyes can't communicate properly without getting seriously sick...and it lasts for hours after. Even zoomed out isn't a guarantee for me...in this game it was...in other games...even that couldn't help me out and it was a top down...it's the movement...for me at least. I have said earlier, I have a special monitor that is designed for people with motion sickness...and I still get motion sick on games...this is really the only game I used to be able to play...now I can't. I get nausea...thankfully, I know from years of experience when to stop before it gets too bad...plus the headache and dizziness. Everyone is different...and being that zoomed in means there is constant motion which a lot of people cannot handle...You are lucky, seems like you just have the slight simulator sickness...lucky lucky! I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Which sucks.

10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Sent you both a private message, check it out.

11. I found something quite strange, while checking emotions stuff in my colonists: in the tooltip for increasing the quality of life, it says that Ishould build a public house in which to serve booze, but I already built one, it's operative, and the same colonist distill alcoholics!

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  12. I'm close to the limit of what I want to do during game: built almost everything, highest industrialization possible and the first aristocrat! And these are two strange things I met recently: a criminal aristocrat, and the peculiar laws of the clockwork empire. Life sentence for accidental machinery breaking is a bit harsh, in my opinion :confused:

Also I find the wood supply a tedious limit to the colony expansion: even after unlocking the wood cultivation, there's a costant lack of timber, or the timber I get doesn't last long. Yes, I build big buildings and make a lot of decor things and so on, but I have two full workcrews that cultivate bamboo and all the agriculture tech researched, and it should be time to not worry about it anymore... Especially since you use wood from buildings to modules and even to make charcoal (and it's a really bad trade for the amount of wood I need elsewhere), which I'm needing recently since I can't get that much coal and I'm costantly smithing metals and producing gunpowder (I have 5 barracks with carabines [I know, I should have jumped straight to the Leyden things, but I wanted to force some gradual upgrades to my game], and what happened is that the first barrack to get the locker got almost 20 FMJ supply, while the other 4 got what was left...). In short wood needs balance :|

Also, it would be nice to have an upgraded version of the still, to enable stack-distilling, make it more expensive and bigger or what you want. It's kind of difficult to supply a 100-ish people colony public house (11 vats) only with distilled products even with a dedicated kitchen, with 5 distilleries, that is only devoted to this task. I have to switch to booze, accumulate alcoholics, then switch back to distilled products for 2-3 days, until I run out of them.

Where can I place the ornate table and chair set? I discovered they are not allowed in the upper class masion... D:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Exile likes this.
  13. Jacq

Jacq Member

Criminal bourgeoisie? Doesn't sound so farfetched to me... ;)

Exile and Cthulhu_Awaits like this.
  14. Something quite interesting: there was a little terrace next to this mine, and the central window never got built. I though: "Maybe the terrace is too small! I should raise some terrain around it!" And then the workcrew which should have raised the terrain got stuck on that terrace, incapable of doing their work or getting down. "Ok, I don't want to have three starving people that just keep some jobs busy without doing them! Let's just flatten the whole thing!" So I canceled the raising job to make a flatten one. There designeted area was just on the line with the mine's wall. After some time I come back to check, and this is the result...

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  15. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

heh, just noticed the behaviour for the seemingly newer camera distance limit where if you scroll back too far it bounces back to keep you pretty close only monitors mouse scroll input.

If you just use +/- on the keyboard it totally skips the distance check..... rather sloppy but hey as it allows further distances again I'm all for that oversight being made. :D

Exile and Cthulhu_Awaits like this.
  16. I have an invisible building in my colony!, save and screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.