BETA 55A So You'd Like More Events...

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by dbaumgart, Oct 6, 2016.

1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

If you'd like more events in your game of Clockwork Empires (Beta 55A), then find and replace your copy of "event_director.go" in your Clockwork Empires folder, specifically Clockwork Empires/scripts/gameobjects/ with the new version in the attached zip file.

Let us know how it goes!

(And further adjustments will, of course, be made.)

Attached Files:

Jacq and Unforked like this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Oh yes, the more events the better!

3. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

DownLoadable Content? Niceeeee

4. dbaumgart

Oh uh, just to be totally clear about what this is: it's not "more types of events", it's more like "events happen more often and follow their conditions better".

(We are working on "more types of events" for the big release, but that'll be then. And I couldn't possibly reveal any details, of course.)

5. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yeah, wasnt expecting new ones yet, but still very happy with this. Events happening more often is definitely a plus.

6. Juwadroid

Juwadroid Member

This seems to have fixed my immigration. I've been waiting about 23 days (in-game) for immigrants with no luck until now.

Got me above 100 population finally, so off to the winter wonderland I go!

7. dbaumgart

Oh uh, this shouldn't touch immigration at all. That uses a different system. If you observe immigration being stuck, send us the console.txt and/or savegame we should be able to find out if everything is doing what it is supposed to be doing.

8. Juwadroid

Juwadroid Member

I'll remember that for future stuck-ness I suppose, guess it was just coincidence. It's working now so it's all good.

9. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Actually the formula for the immigration is misbehaving because immigrationTimes is initialized with 0 instead of 1. Instead of triggering at regular intervals it creates at a certain time a very long time of no immigration between Day 81 and Day 109 because the formula immigration_counter modulo 2+ingame_days / 10 never becomes 0 .
    I noticed only because i got immigration events on days i hadn't expected them

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Samut likes this.
  10. Unforked

Unforked Member

Event frequency is better with this, but I still think it could be cranked up a few more notches.

11. Juwadroid

Juwadroid Member

That was definitely the period of time I was lacking migrants. Good to know.