BETA 55A IN FRANCE THEY CALL IT "LE HOTFIX"

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

in my tests demolishing a laborer bunkhouse is a reliable crash generator after 1 - 5 demolition orders the game crashes

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Tried a few speeds out for science. None really helped with the nausea, but at least faster scrolling got me around the map easier. But my limit is about 10 to 15 minutes. I can just try to... not scroll much in the beginning since there isn't a ton of revealed map, but once mid game hits I'm pretty much done.

Exile likes this.
  3. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

You're like me...I need that zoom out...I have both motion and simulator sickness...and if I can't have a proper camera angle I'm done in for. Has nothing to do with speed...but actual what is moving on the screen...the noggin can't process what the eyes are seeing fast enough...and then I get sick...for hours.

4. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

+1 for greater camera distance.

But probably only if it came alongside a few other changes that allowed us to disable 'missing material' construction balloons on pending orders and other spammy UI elements that are always cluttering up the screen, plus allowing colonist names to be seen at further distances.

Once the 'garbage clearance' toggle filter for the spammy parts of the UI icons is sorted the game will be so much cleaner just through that single change, so having colonist names when further out really wouldn't really contribute much of an noise aspect to what will otherwise be a pristine and smart screen space.

The spammy UI icons have held dominance over our screens for long enough whilst other perfectly reasonable aspects have been 'streamlined' to allow the flood icons to rule unopposed, it's time for someone to usurp the spammy buggers. :)

Edit: Oh and conversation bubbles. They really could do with being drawn at further camera distance so that I can track if a colonist is having a potentially negative chain of conversations that may tip over their mood state.

Having to crawl up so close to a colonist that I might as well offer to give them a free colonoscopy whilst I'm there just to observe what's going on with their interactions, whilst the game will gladly go "LOOK HERE! AND HERE! AND HERE! AND HERE AND HERE AND HERE AND HERE! YOU TOLD COLONISTS TO CUT TREES AND DO OTHER STUFF!" all over the place at any distance seems a bit backwards....

I already know what I told my colonists to do. I told them to do it. Don't need the 24/7 reminder clutter for every little thing or missing material order I already knew was missing materials when I placed it, thanks.

I do however need to know if Bert SlothBuggerer just had a 5 arguments, unfriended someone and is approaching the tipping point where they'll start to think urinating in the towns only fresh water supply is a swell idea.

Close distance those indicators are available, but they should be available at any distance over secondary 'garbage' prompts about things I did myself for which I don't need the constant prompts that I did it. :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Exile likes this.
  5. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Member

At some point during all the crash-induced saving and loading, they left properly (the Redcoat NCO had gotten killed so I guess the 'laborers' just wandered off?)

Also, something is seriously off with overseer pop cap calculations.

I have 4 Overseer lodgings that have everything ticked off - beds, tables, windows, quality between +6 and +12, rare painting. This is 4*5 overseer cap.

I had 7 Overseers to start with.

I should have an Overseer cap of 27.(And I still can't have enough bed space for them, dammit)

Instead, I have an Overseer cap of 32

I'm still waiting on a migration wave to see whether or not I'll get all 32 of them, but either way, the cap vis-a-vis existing structures is weird

6. Naffarin

Starting overseers don't count for the cap...having a bed for them might be a good idea anyway :)

But on second reading i think what you are complaining about...but i think you must have another overseer building. I have also four lodgings with the exact bonus that you have and my cap is at 27

Exile likes this.
  7. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Member

Well, that makes the 32 cap even worse, considering I only have 4*5 = 20 overseer cap from housing.

And I don't have any spare overseer buildings. I dismantled every old building I had in the process of revamping my town, and I only built 4 new ones.

8. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Can you post your save game here, please? Thank you!

Exile likes this.
  9. Naffarin

You are absolutely right and the magic words were dismantling old buildings.
    If you dismantle an overseer building the limit is only decreased by one and not the actual bonus of the building
    Colonies with 150 overseers and only a single building here we come ! :D

Exile and Cornuthaum like this.
  10. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Member

Your command is my wish. I have also attached the Vicar save file (I managed to find one!)

Oh wow.

I just ... really, REALLY hope that the next update doesn't break save compatibility because I'M *so close* to finally getting to a colony with 100 peeps, just so I can say I've done it (I know I could set the values in the config file to True, but...)

Attached Files:

11. Nicholas

Agggh! Okay, will fix.

Exile likes this.
  12. Naffarin

Just to make it complete...dismantling labourer bunk houses has the same bug...dismantling = max capacity -2 when building bonus is 5/5

Exile likes this.
  13. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

This build is now only crashing every few hours, but it crashes with runtime errors, which do not leave a .DMP file. What should I post to provide information?

14. Nicholas

Those *should* be handled by the DMP code, but if not I would like:

- the console.txt
    - the save
    - the replay for the game
    - the amount of memory consumed by the game at the time (taskmgr)

Basically, anything you can give me!

Exile likes this.
  15. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Member

Does this bug cancel migration waves? I've not had one in ages :(

edit: bitch about it and it happens. 7 overseers, 13 laborers.

Cthulhu_Awaits likes this.
  16. Naffarin

I was just in the process of writing up some information about it...the answer to your question is no, it won't

Exile likes this.
  17. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

Right, sent out the files. Due to upload limits with my email provider, they all had to be in separate emails, all labeled:
    Runtime Error 10/04/2016 (55A) (X), where (X) is the file attached.

18. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Member

Pub bug: Work crew would rather stack items on mineral goods stockpile than to refill the booze vats.

I've got 180 chicha sitting there and they're stacking native gold. Arrgh.

EDIT: It's not just the Pub crew. The Scientist is also doing it.

Unassigning and reassigning made them work again.

Attached Files:

19. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Can you send us a saved game of this, please? Would be very good to see a repro case.

Edit: Or if anyone else is getting this, we'd love to see a save game so we can dig in and see what's up.

Exile likes this.
  20. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Member

I just uploaded it (went to play a bit to test whether un- and reassigning would fix it; it did... and then I forgot to hit edit on the post. You know how the game eats time ^^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.