BETA 55: ONWARD! FOR QUEEN AND EMPIRE

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juwadroid

Juwadroid Member

I keep having supply drops destroying my items, even with an airship mast up. Am I doing something wrong? Is it because airship mast apparently still wants supply upkeep even though that system is out?

(edit: Airship mast's tooltip still shows the required upkeep from previous betas, both in the build menu and on the finished thing.)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Haha, don't tell me that the rebalance made bandits weak enough that they get rolled over by fishpeople? Or hostile animals..

3. I'm not sure... I just got a bandit raid in which I lost three soldiers, and killed one, maybe two bandits during the battle (I tracked one that was running away) [It's kind of difficult to see the bandits I kill, because corpses tend to overlap often, especially in the desert with all that mesa-like things]. But there are things that make me think they are not that strong: I got the event of the bandit that wants to come back to civilization, said bandit became a labourer in the middle of the encampment. With three of her previous buddies there were shooting at her. Nice! She starts punching people, and make an armoured bandit flee. She then start pursuing him, I send my troops to help her. Useful note for later: the other two bandits ran away in the savanna nearby (at least, the ran in that direction). The armoured bandit was, after a long pursuit, killed, and then buried. At that point, I sent my troops to the encampment to kill the remaining bandits. There was no one to be found. Determined to find those scums, and end this menace, I sent my troops to the savana where I last saw them flee, only to find one skeleton and some butchered flesh... the first bandit was never seen again. Nobody knows what happened, maybe some aggressive beetles killed them (I got attacked while exploring the surroundings), maybe something else... :eek:

My opinion: thy can be quite a threath to a colony, but they seem to be weak against any other danger...

4. Interesting pictures: now my colony has a pool, and a strange bandit hideout....

Attached Files:

• pool.jpg
      pool.jpg
      File size:
      329.6 KB
      Views:
    • mmm.jpg
      mmm.jpg
      File size:
      202.8 KB
      Views:
  5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

The "Mechanical Brewing Vat" (the batch module) does not have the ability to "Ferment Wine" which the standard Wooden Brewing Vat does... Wine is just a standard booze like beer/chicha too.

This guy isn't properly indoctrinated...
    20161002125332_1.jpg

6. wasn't wine something to distill from grapes? Or it's a new thing of this update?

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Grapes turns into a Booze-level Wine (same as beer & chicha to the public house). Now, anyway.

Large Stone Altar doesn't seem to be buildable, or something else is odd, I have one built and can see the box in my stockpile, but it cannot be built or traded away...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  8. Juwadroid

Juwadroid Member

About the rally points, maybe I was wrong? I have 3 squads of military and only 5-ish were responding. So maybe it's dependent on something else like day/night shift, total military, or something else.

9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Progress :)

You'll notice the lines of Bunkhouses and so on, as well as maybe the outer wall. Sadly the other half of the colony is not so well protected, but why worry, I have soldiers...

20161002140134_1.jpg

20161002140143_1.jpg

10. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Its fishpeople. its always fishpeople

11. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Anyone have an idea what causes the public horse workgroup to decide to ignore their work? The usual notification about it running out doesn't show anymore either...

12. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

They added horses?

13. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yes, check the files.

14. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

I think public_house.go is missing a call to refreshBoozeCapacity() in function removeBoozeItem at least that one sets the tags for refilling...well it works but not satisfying because the workforce will try to refill over the available vat limit which leads to teleporting the dumped booze outside the building... guess they will need to put a limit for switching the collect-brew tag

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  15. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

BTW has anybody succesfully used leyden pistols or rifles in their barracks ? The leyden ammo is not listed in the barracks and not taken from the stockpile.

16. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I didn't get the post, but logged bandit camp alert as OC-5671.

Added a check for this, shouldn't happen again.

Logged "fishperson corpse cleanup" as OC-5672.

Logged as OC-5674.

(to be continued, assuming there's more on page 3 ... )

17. dbaumgart

Logged as OC-5676. Indoctrination logged as OC-5678.

Well, that's easy to fix. Done for dev!

Logged as OC-5677.

18. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Actually, I checked and the code is working, however, basically... working outdoors by
    Default: Counts as being the worst workshops (-20 happiness)
    Indoctrinated: Like having a +2 quality workshop (-10 happiness)
    Special Traits: (+0 happiness)
    No way to get the highest 2 tiers of Work QoL.

Military can get a special bonus via tech, but you can already boost their barracks quality...

19. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Okay, an update on the Beta 55 stuttering situation: it's caused by the flatten terrain tool, which has been fixed to correctly update heights and passability (yay!) but which now also causes a connected component rebuild (boo!) which is slow. I have optimized code for connected components and I'm going to try to plumb it in, but this stuff is a bit of a mess and it's like repairing a watch with a hammer. I do not know if I will be able to get it into a hotfix or not. In the mean time, just... well, flatten selectively I guess.

20. dbaumgart

(Problem as I see it isn't that it isn't working - though I'll review that - it's that the tooltip doesn't quite express the state of affairs properly.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.