BETA 55: ONWARD! FOR QUEEN AND EMPIRE

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Please please please leave speed as it is.
    It has long bothered me that soldiers can shoot things they can't see because their combat range exceeds their line of sight. I think line of sight radius could be a bit larger.

2. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Must be a heisenbug, if you look at it it's gone

3. Precisely why I'm a fan of multiple options for things instead of flat-out replacement in most instances.

(Vladimir and Estragon have no one to blame but themselves, I would have given up on Godot about 45 minutes into it.)

Cthulhu_Awaits likes this.
  4. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Ha, yeah I didn't realize other people keep it at normal speed. My bad. Funny how that works.

Anyway, I like the new version, lots of awesome improvements overall. Still some old complaints sticking around, but a step in the right direction.

Edit: Welp I have something interesting. Game crashed while saving a game with the jittering bug. Here is the dump for the crash, the save itself (Looks like it saved successfully?) and the console.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  5. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

A minor issue with selecting fishman corpses:

So, I repelled a fishman attack in one of my games, leaving corpses strewn about my town. If I leave them unattended, nobody dumps, buries, dissects, or butchers them, so they just lie around and rot, spawning vermin to attack my corn fields. If I area select them, the only option is to Dissect them (regardless of whether I do or do not have a Naturalist). If I select them individually, however, I get all of the previous options (and in this case, I chose Butchery). Selecting them this way is tricky, of course, because they're frequently lying atop other scenery, and I have to hit just the right pixel. I would like to see an area-select Butchery option, at least, and ideally dump and bury options too.

6. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Happily murderin everyone with my muskets, ah good stuff... Somewhat amused that the most revolutionary breakthrough is from the foreign office though (if it's still where I think it is...)

20161001181726_1.jpg

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

There's just (improvised) muskets, there's nothing else...

Also, think of walls more like barbed wire than a wall.

8. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Yeah, but I want soldiers to take cover and slower combat, like in the Old Days. Would be cool to have a day-long seige by some bandits or something.

Edit: I also made an amazing discovery.

20161001183632_1.jpg

You can make islands on lakes. It doesn't work on the ocean, but it does work on lakes. Sadly I think you can still path to it, for some reason, meaning that enemies can path through the lake to get to you. My idea of making an invincible death fortress continues to be a pipe dream.

Attached Files:

Cthulhu_Awaits and Unforked like this.
  9. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Oh, and the hearts don't actually go down when someone is injured.

Edit: And another bug, my guys are refusing to build the ovens in my kitchen.

Attached Files:

10. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Script error, save attached. 20161001205107_1.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

In this save, I have a stuck colonist walking in place, and stuck traders!

Attached Files:

12. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Turns out my death fortress WILL work. Hah. HAHAHAHA. I AM GOING TO DECLARE WAR ON EVERYONE

13. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Sometimes colonist doing "Collect brew for pub (x3)" will just wander off, "Drop Item" their stuff on the ground and then pick it up, or (if off shift at this point) just leave it.

But, the system does work, and rather well at that. Congrats, now my public house has actual booze instead of what it was before (teahouse with 0 booze vats)

Gonna write a story :)

We can still put farms on top of other farms and stockpiles and buildings somehow, not sure what causes this ;)

14. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

Bandit spawns have gone weird again. The first group built their camp on some Obeliskians (which then awoke, killed them and attacked my town on about day 5...).

The second group built their camp just outside my town in sight range of one of my buildings, which is close enough to aggro my workers going about their workery business, and the next 2 groups seem to spawn in the same place. I have loading this game and bandits are apparently spawning normally, although their latest raid never made it to my colony....

Casualties have been heavy....

I also noticed a weird bug where I have no idea what was going on. I had some visiting Novyrus traders which were attacked by Fishmen just outside my town and my townsfolk proceeded to massacre the traders while leaving the Fishmen alone (I have the 'friendly Fishmen' stance).

It seems that the Novyrus are this games hostile empire, in which case why are they sending me traders?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  15. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Hmm, how exactly does the Rally thing work now? It seems like it's improved in that one use of Rally calls -everyone- over, but then they rapidly lose attention and wander off again?

16. kabill

kabill Member

Not strictly speaking from this build but I haven't seen any changes relating to this in patch-notes so still relevant?

When mining at level 4, are you supposed to get access to both of the unknown materials or just one? In the last game I played, it revealed one of the bonus materials but never revealed the second. I never managed to get to level 5 to see if it unlocked then, though, so I don't know if it's intended or a bug or what. If it's not supposed to unlock at level 4, might be worth clarifying somewhere?

Somewhat relatedly, could I suggest not having coal as an unknown material at level 4/5? All mines can produce coal at level 3+ anyway, and since smelting uses only one coal for every three ore, you more or less end up with an excess by default even without getting it as a bonus. Thus, getting coal as a bonus resource at level 4 provides basically no benefit - I was better off mining at level 3 instead as I could at least find some use for the stone blocks I got at that level while getting the same amount of ore.

17. Juwadroid

Juwadroid Member

I'm pretty sure they gather on the rally point, and the rally point lasts for 20 seconds or so? After it's gone they do whatever they want again it seems.

18. Something similar happens with the human corpses: area select doesn't give you full options, but only the "cancel corpses orders " or "dump corpses" (if it even appears this one, I noticed it yesterday evening, so right now I'm not sure if I'm remebering it correctly). Another thing about corpses: after a massive battle against 21 Sthalmarkians (with several allies) not all the corpses where ordered to be buried, some of them just laid around without commands, and I had to search them, and select them singularly (quite a time cunsuming stuff). On the same selecting&co. topic, dormant spore have problems: when you find them, or kill them, they don't appear in your inventory, but if you select them singularly it gives you the options of selecting them as trade good or forbid them, just as they were in your inventory (only the "forbid item" works). To sell them (if you get a lot of them, it's really usefull to dump them all in commerce), or even have them as yours, you need to first, forbid them, then claim them, then you can eventually select them as trade item.

Another not: bandits camps can spawn on really inclined slides... (I lost the image, but it was quite unsettling. There were also 6 skeletons around the camp... what on earth happened :confused:)

19. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Great, so tons of clicking if you want to clear some bandits who are at some distance from your colony center.

Yeah, seriously, what's up with that...

Were the tents accessible?

Yep, well probably the bandits got steamrolled by the trader guards or something, traders are so handy sometimes.

20. Yeah, accessible and raided ;) It was a cluster of overlapping tents placed on an almost vertical slope... It reminded me of some earthquake disaster thing...

The strange thing is that I only encounter camps of skeletons... :eek: and I don't think it's because of traders, because they were always in the unexplored parts of the map, and traders give you their line of sight...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.