BETA 54C BETA 54C: DANIEL VERSUS SCROLLBAR CODE

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jotwebe

jotwebe Gained the People's Ovation and Fame Forever

Well pushing one task to the top of the queue is quicker than pausing a dozen. Also more straightforward.

2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I suspect that the job list is not actually a queue.

3. Unforked

Unforked Member

Here's my latest game. It's day 23, I have a pop of 33 and I've only had one event a long time ago, The Artist. Bandits haven't even shown up yet as far as I recall.

I've got lots of buildings and modules built, if that makes a difference.

Attached Files:

4. jotwebe

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

It looks like everyone's events are working, just very slowly (and you guys are definitely in for some Fun). The workplace limit mechanic probably also reduces sprawl a bit, which reduces disturbance. So: let's boost the disturbance gain modifier a bit!

Mad_Ludvig and Unforked like this.
  6. I like how the Provisions number changes color depending on how good/dire the situation is. I don't know if this is a new addition or one that I'm just now noticing, but it's a nice, quick indicator of where you're standing with regards to feeding people.

dbaumgart likes this.
  7. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

So does that include the scrollbar issues when you re-order module priorities in the workshops too?

8. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

It's amazing what happens when 2/7 overseers just get trapped in an empty house?

Well they starved to death. And the corpses rotted to bones and spawned beetles, but everyone seems to be ignoring** them, odd..

**Apparently people get locked into trying to "Squish Vermin" but cannot reach them for whatever reason...

C18_LimboHouse.jpg

C18_Defense.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  9. jotwebe

Fun times were had not long after, but went down with no losses apart from the culprits themselves.

dbaumgart likes this.
  10. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Good reply - thanks. Agree with the general point about balance here; would definitely not want to be a games design. At present, you can take control to some extent by just deleting all tasks but the one you wish done (or at least par them down to the same number of overseers). This is, I suspect, not something you'd see as a game mechanism so there is already the water leaking problem :) Look forward to your solutions, they are never dull!

11. Snowpig

Snowpig Member

I am not happy, that the rally-button was moved to the workshop. It kills the RTS-feeling when trying to pursue bandits/rogue colonists by rallying the redcoats.

12. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Rally button now in the building? Err .... how is that a good idea? Very puzzled over the placement of that (and naturalist actions.) Definitely use the rally option to give chase. Also, when you find a place on the map to do something, it really makes no sense to have to scroll back to the town, find the building, click a button, scroll back to that exact part of the map and then click. Very odd design choice devs .... hopefully a temp one.

13. I don't know if it's a result of your crusade to purge the awful scrollbars but it seems that the game interface is not really stable... it just goes too down in the screen and disappears from time to time...

Edit: it seems like I lost it completely: previously, opening the overseer tab and the others usually put it back the building and modules menus a bit, but now it doesn't worl anymore..

Edit 2: I found out what it is. It's related to the notifications on the right side of the screen, the more notifications, the more the actions are pushed down. It reminds me of a distorted (if even it's possible) layout of a word document... -.-'

Edit 3: The description of the exploring job in the naturalist office is the same for the hunting description

Attached Files:

14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

So after getting colonists "stuck" in a house, they starved to death eventually (after hogging the limited overseer slots of course).

Now that I removed the house, everyone stomped the beetles, eventually the skeletons got buried. Well now let's see... after i rebuild everything.

Nope, someone got stuck in the house again.

15. It's a haunted house...

16. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

They are also apparently able to "Mine Surface Node" in the house??

17. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Was this house built on ground flattened from a cliff? Because we found some Very Interesting Things interacting with pathfinding in Bad Ways in such cases.

This is being cleaned up, I believe.

It was the convenient implementation option available. We're investigating certain alternatives.

I do not recall this being logged. Can you describe the problem?

18. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yeah, the start area was cliff-y and a 10x10 house is a bit large.

19. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Sure thing.

The issue is similar to the other scrollbar issue, in that when you have a long list of modules and try to re-order them (use the ^ v buttons) the scroll bar tends to jump around, usually to the top of the modules list. I find this most noticeably in the kitchen when I make say, 5 stoves and two workbenches, and some brewing stuff. Also the blacksmith.
    The most common scenario I encountered was trying to put newly constructed modules at the top of the already long queue. every time you click the 'up' button, you revert to the top of the list and need to scroll down to the module again.

I believe this has been around for quite a while, but I don't know exactly how long. Possibly since the jobs per module system was introduced, but I can't be sure anymore.

I am also fairly certain the jump to top scroll bug we saw in the previous builds overseer list was also present in the barracks weapons selection menu. It appeared better when the game was paused.

Hope that helps

dbaumgart and Cthulhu_Awaits like this.
  20. Snowpig

Snowpig Member

Concerning alternatives: is it possible to add icons to the UI dynamically during the game? If yes, then the rally button(s) could be added to the "military" menu in the UI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.