BETA 54B BETA 54B: UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH... SUCH TERRIFYING POWER

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kabill

kabill Member

I've been getting a message that I have no lab supplies even though I've built some and they are in their stockpile. Save attached. You might need to assign an overseer to the lab as I removed him/her when I saw it wasn't working.

Attached Files:

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Just looked at the save game, and yes, you must have an overseer assigned then someone will supply the laboratory. Tested your save game and it works (and that's an awesome colony btw!).

3. jotwebe

jotwebe Gained the People's Ovation and Fame Forever

I'd been wondering about the peaceful game myself. Looking forward to the fun times then :dmg_conflagratory:

4. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Interesting. I think I might have tried to supply the Lab before an overseer was assigned. Then, when I did assign one, he gained experience but did not add points to the count. I removed and re-added him and he is now working fine.

5. kabill

kabill Member

Huh, that's weird. Did you do something other than assign an overseer? When I had an overseer assigned it wasn't supplying - when I clicked the "supply this building" button I got a message saying that I didn't have any supplies (even though I did). Might have a play-around later - might be that I was just doing something wrong but it did very much feel like there was a problem somewhere that wasn't just me.

Thanks :) First time I have played that far. Am concerned the game has plateaued somewhat, though. Might try and write some thoughts/feedback about that at some point. EDIT: I have now done this.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  6. kabill

kabill Member

Sorry for double-posting, just wanted to follow up on this. Have managed to make this work on my game now so I guess there wasn't an issue. Although I did assign an overseer with a labourer attached this time so maybe that made a difference? Will keep an eye out just in case.

EDIT: Just tested this (kind of). Laboratory was low on supplies for a while and the UI said it would get restocked. Eventually supplies ran out and no resupply occurred. Then assigned a labourer to the lab overseer and the labourer immediately collected a box of lab supplies and took them to the lab. So it looks like the lab overseer won't resupply the lab for some reason. This might be intentional behaviour but if so it would be helpful for that to be clear as I'm not sure this is how other office buildings work.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  7. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Am i mistaken or have graveyards been increased to 4x4 from 3x3 ? Don't see anything in the changelog about it

8. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

Even though rugs are labeled as +2 quality, I believe they are still counting as +4

9. jotwebe

The fun times scared some laborers, then ran into my military, which was conveniently bunched together from dealing with a bandit incursion, and were crushed. I think they might have been using their carbines even though I hadn't finished making FMJ ammo yet. Their animations was showing them using carbines (the squad that had them) anyway.

Which reminds me: advanced workbenches kinda obsolete some other modules like smithing forges - well you still want one because you don't want to make everything x5, but they're actually cheaper.

Also you when you do another look at trade you need to look at the pricing of everything that's made from bric-a-brac... currently I can break the trading system by mass producing steam radiators if I want.

I'd second event frequency being a bit low now - maybe try the middle between 54A and 54B for the next release.

Yep, seeing the same.

In unrelated news, look at this guy bringing down the house:

[​IMG]

10. PeterH

PeterH Member

I can confirm that for 54B - rugs add 4 quality points.

11. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

I haven't read the entire thread like I sometimes do, but has anyone else noticed massive slowdowns with smoke from iron stoves? I can't really look at the kitchen without a massive framerate drop now.
    Also, I found some interesting stuff with tree farms (see pic)
    save game with stoves issue attached 2016-09-24-001.png

Attached Files:

12. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Could ore traders offer a bit more at times? No chalk at all and can't make a grinder as there is not enough to make the 4 steel ingots. Tried all 3 traders plus the ore trader and none. Taken 4 mines to their deepest level and also none. Stops further progress.

13. Does distill wine work? I'm trying doing some, but, even with a grape farm next to it, the distillery doesn't really want to do it. (It does some fine whisky, to be honest, but I still have a load tons of grapes to use...)

14. kabill

kabill Member

Spice racks claim they add +1 quality to the Kitchen workshop but are actually applying a -1 penalty (have a kitchen with 2 stone ovens and 2 spice racks for a total quality of -4).

EDIT: Also, in the building UI the laboratory is said to require lacquered planks but when placed only requires regular planks.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  15. jotwebe

I didn't get my still to process grapes either (and I also did manage to make whisky). Guess it's fruit medley then... that does appear to work with 2x grapes and doesn't need two different kinds of fruit.

16. I noticed that the metalworks doesn't really want to build a vacuum chamber, (it still builds any other machinery) and the ceramic worshop doesn't want to build a ceramic press...
    Do bandits come to every map? because In mine it seems there aren't any, not even one... Strange (and quite an easy situation)...
    The interface needs a lot of tweaking: it's usable, don't get me wrong, but searching informations in it is unnerving... I still find problems understang which orvseers works where, or if it is assigned to something or not, both in the work-crews menu and in the assignement list of workshop. Also getting the personal information of overseerrs from the work-crews menu is painful, since you get it from the skill tab instead of clicking on the overseer image, as it would more spontaneus to do...
    Another problem with the interface is that the last row the decor-modules menu, gets cut half off the screen. I can't see or select those modules, nor even see their description.
    Increasing slightly the chop-gather-clear-mine areas would be nice, at least for the gather command since fungus and alike are usually quite dispersed, and I often have to make two gather commands because some fungus, caviar or such things gets left out for one-two squares...
    I noticed that workers often get lazy and just leave things around, without putting them in stacks at the stockpiles: I got a big mineshaft litteraly covered by gold ores... it's a mess.
    With the increasing number of modules and workstations and different options for the workstation I think it would be useful and interesting to have an internal "encyclopedia" that gives me all the information I need to know for modules and co. since it's not really the best to invest resources into things you don't really knwo what recepies will unlock or support... or to know you can place modules without knowing how to build them... (see aurochs and beetle trophies and such things). There is some issues with carpets disappearing in the floor and with the boxed, and placeble item: the boxed item I produce, for the middle class carpet, isn't really recognized as a the house module, but as a generic carpet decor module. These things can be quite confusing at times...

Edit: the ceramic press gotbuilt in the end. The vacuum chamber not. I even built a separate smelting workshop with only a worktable to build it with a different overseer. She just kept the workshop clean and tidy. -.-' I wanted to try to build some chambers from the advanced worktable, but a pair of crashes stopped me. I'll try again tomorrow...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  17. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

well, I played my longest game ever on this build. It finally crashed.
    I really like the new systems for maintenance with mines etc. Much better than the last one. I really like that if I build a high end module (say power saw) with the only resources I have (steel, cogs, etc.) I know it isn't going to break down and cause the entire system to collapse.
    This was a very long game, and as such there were a lot of things that become noticeable with longer games that could use some love.

- Science and diplomacy points. These are an absolute pain in the butt, the amount of 'science points are full' and 'full diplomacy points' notifications I was getting. In particular, I had scienced all there was to science at that point, but I wanted a scientist for events and such, so I kept him around (also there was one thing that needed 100 pts to research which I wasn't able to get to as my scientist was too low a level for the max points to be at 100). Diplomacy points don't have a tie in to overseer skill right now, and as such always cap at 20. There is also no reason to use them if your colony is self sufficient. I get full notifications, but I have a steam knight already on loan, I have too much food, lots of extra overseers, and I can't write any more reports/its unavailable. At least for the diplomacy points there could be a 'improve relations with faction' option that you can just stick it on and leave it there if there is no need for the points. maybe it auto completes when it gets to a certain % of points full? Science would also benefit from a 'discover/research strange things' option or something. I'm not sure what that might be.

- unassigned overseer assignment. I have pushed it before and I am going to keep pushing for a way to only show unassigned overseers when assigning work crews. when you have 20+ overseers, the current system does not cut it.

As always I attached my save game etc. having issues with the console size. ill add it if possible.

Attached Files:

Cthulhu_Awaits likes this.
  18. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

progress54b.jpg

Ahh, the sweet smell of progress... or perhaps swamp gas...

19. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

That's an old bug that used to happen to me a lot. They fixed it at one point, but I guess it's back.

20. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

This was really a map that gave me a headache...very limited space, limited resources, and spawn points chosen by a malicous god named agent_group.go in either inaccessible or drowning locations :) as you can see on the minimap.
    Not really a colony that is longing for a beauty price, rather a military boot camp

@Gaslamp: Please rewrite spawn location and emergency exit branches in the scripts. In maps such as these they are bound for failure ocean_map.jpg

jotwebe and Cthulhu_Awaits like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.