BETA 54B BETA 54B: UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH... SUCH TERRIFYING POWER

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

One quibble I have with the new workbenches is that we have to compensate for more hits against workshop quality to perform the same tasks as before. In the previous method, I could set one carp bench to do a constant plank order, and then rotate my other jobs through a second bench. I now need four benches to do the same thing.

2. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

@dbaumgart Thanks for the clarification. I was just curious...and the explanation makes sense. We don't need more errors...but really minus a few ninja bugs it's been really fun and more streamlined...less punishing...and more punishing but in really fun ways...still loved when my guys went nuts from despair...I'm still chuckling over it.

Having control over the military again would be extremely helpful...especially with those pesky bandits...I don't remember them being that hard...by the time the military got there an overseer and 2 labourers had bit it...the second wave I lost another overseer and I think another labourer...yeouch...especially at the start up of the game...

I love that you are punishing us with Eldritch things...THAT is fun!!! I didn't get that far along, yet...but looking forward to all the Lovecraftian weirdness and my colonists going nuts.

You guys really did put the fun back into the game with this patch, for me and the peanut gallery...a few glitches, but we were laughing and playing our separate games and teasing each other...Thank you for that! While we're still learning, again, we are kind of liking all the workbenches and things...while confusing for the first bit, mistakes made, games restarted, it makes sense...and it makes the buildings look less like slave factories and more like working shops. :)

Nicholas and dbaumgart like this.
  3. Noratoxin

Noratoxin Member

Words cannot express how fine this feels.

Nicholas likes this.
  4. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

The naturalist office could make requirements for mineralogy survey more understandable..,it took me a while to realize that mineralogical scans need paper stacks like scouting. The messages in red are very helpful but should be enhanced further what is needed for a selected goal. I am still unsure if a standing desk and an assembly workbench is needed for mineralogical surveys because they are displayed regardless of choosing scouting, hunting or mineralogy.
    E.g if i don't build a workbench then a red text is displayed that a workbench is needed for hunting...but i have selected mineralogical survey so the warning is superfluous...it should tell me instead that i don't have a stack of paper and the naturalist won't do anything until he has something to write on

Turbo164 likes this.
  5. jotwebe

jotwebe Gained the People's Ovation and Fame Forever

Anybody else can't brew wine? I have simple wooden brewing vat, I have a bunch of foraged grapes, but the only options I see are chicha and beer.

6. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Logged as OC-5616, thanks!

Fair point! Logged as OC-5617.

7. jotwebe

The tooltip for iron cogs incorrectly claims that to make them you need copper ingots.

[​IMG]

8. dbaumgart

Thanks, fixed!

9. Mikel

I'd like to add my name to the list of people who like the new office supplies system... it feels much more natural.

dbaumgart and Unforked like this.
  10. Unforked

Unforked Member

I concur, especially on the military side. Having to maintain an ammo supply is actually fun.

dbaumgart likes this.
  11. Mikel

Carbines and revolvers eat ammo very quickly.

12. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

I believe the naturalist office now requires planks and bricks (not stone and wood per the tooltip). Is this intentional?

13. dbaumgart

The tooltip is incorrect. Thanks for the report, this is logged as, ah OC-5619. I believe there are two other cases of this that have been discovered and logged as well.

14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Ah, so every shot from a carbine is 1 ammo, instead of just every reload huh?

15. Mikel

Not sure, actually... it just seemed to go faster than when I had muskets and pistols. Could have been my imagination

16. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

The scrollbar bug has been in game for a long time now. I remember listing it at some point in the forum posts I made. It is far more noticable now though.

ah, here it is: https://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/beta-53a-the-larch.17967/page-3#post-116373

17. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yes, it's especially jumpy now.

Manamoo likes this.
  18. jotwebe

In other news, after a reload the workshop capacity number is showing zero, or "naught" as the clockworkians are wont to call it. Holler if you want a save with that.

[​IMG]

19. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Aw man I am on vacation so I can't play until I get back. Looking forward to it though!

20. Delgotta

Delgotta Member

Now, these are the Whips and Chains i was talking about. Must say, love the new changes, other than a few glitches, (as reported in earlier threads) I LOVE the new changes. Its all more fluid, and organic. The different workbenches, make sense, the office supplies, make sense, the villagers who have fallen under the mind altering control of the Elders, make sen... nope, no sense here, just crazy. pure fun crazy. Still waiting for one of my villagers to start sacrificing random people on workbenches tho....future event possibility? oh, and maybe some literal whips and chains, might be fun to have my naturalist have a night time job too.

keep up the great work, love the direction.

Drumhead and Manamoo like this.
  21. Mikel

I noticed that the tooltip for the trade office suggests it will use a workshop slot. Is that an error of some sort?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.