BETA 54A: A TECHNICAL DEBT REPAID

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Hotfix Beta 54A is now on the experimental branch on Steam. Please test it to make sure it actually fixes:

- FIXED: crash deleting "illDataProvider" class on character widget
    - FIXED: some food missing "basic_food" tag and hence not being eaten
    - FIXED: save/load would break acceleration cell data structure, causing some items to not be accessible or found in the spatial dictionary (such as, again, food.)

Jubbly and KillerKidClever like this.
  2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Solid so far.

3. Unforked

Unforked Member

Only had a chance to play about ten days, but no crashes or food issues so far.

4. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I'm finding that 'Hunt Animal' orders aren't picked up by anybody, not my Military, and not my civilian crews who have hunting enabled.

5. Unforked

Unforked Member

Only naturalists can hunt now.

6. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Another minor, but long-standing bug: the kitchen is not observing the upper limit on Cooked Meat, i.e. even though I only wanted a standing amount of 5 meat, my kitchen has made in excess of 50.

7. Snowpig

Snowpig Member

I suspect that this happens after repeated changes between "make x times" and "make until you have y in stock" in the production screen

8. Wolg

Wolg Member

(It's speculated to be a consequence of a product not matching the recipe name, eg basic drink ≠ beer, so the standing order always sees 0 have been made.)

9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

It's basically this, the recipe is looking for "basic_drink", but at the output, the game is instructed not to produce a basic_drink, but instead XY, where XY is called from the list, ie: that wheat -> beer.

Similarly for basic_food, and a couple other things... (refined_food, which currently is farmers stew)

Making it super easy to have a stack of 2000 farmers stew apparently is bad for game performance though...

10. jim darnaby

jim darnaby Member

I have had countless crashes in 54a since reaching day 54 (I have played prob 30 game days and haven't made it past day 59 lol, just trying to progress and it fails)

I have posted the dmp and save file and emailed a couple more dmp and save files. This has been the most crashes I have had to deal with. A bulk of them being "this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way" so maybe my computer is partially to blame, though I bought this laptop very recently (under 6 months ago) so idk.

11. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Make sure you have steam set to use the experimental version, so you get the hotfix.

12. Nicholas

The hotfix should be on both builds. Let me look at the DMP files...

13. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Oh, I didn't know that. My bad!

14. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

I'm in the same boat as Jim, both 54 and 54a are causing loads of crashes that give the "this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way" message and generate no DMP file... this is a problem that started with 54 and like Jim I'm on a newish i5 laptop

15. Nicholas

Can you send me the console, at least? Hm.

16. Nicholas

(The good news: I have now rewritten the crash DMP generator to also catch errors of the "this application has requested the runtime to terminate" form. So, we can at least get DMP files from you on the next round and figure out why this is happening to you and not everybody else!)

17. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

I did post console and saves etc in the 54 thread... I'll have another go later and try to catch some more crashes

18. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Weird crash; everything was running smoothly, I was clicking through overseers' info windows from the Work Crew panel and after a couple the game froze, got the windows busy cursor and had to task manager out of the game (attempting to do anything else after sent it into the "wait for program to respond prompt").
    (NOTE: Could be a software conflict on my end though, I noticed some MSIControlService process taking up way more memory than it should after the game crashed)

I did notice a graphical glitch of sleeping people occasionally showing up as standing in front of the bed (still playing idle animations). Eventually they'll appear on the bed like they're supposed to (I think it's when they wake up).
    Also modules that have been placed in a building that is being built will sometimes disappear visually while it is being built, then appear once again once the building is complete.

Attached Files:

19. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Also this weird item thing that I finally have on a save (I think it might already be logged but posting it just in case)

In that save, there are 2 Boxed Practical Beds in the stockpile. There are also two boxed beds in an overseer house below; they appear to be the same item: if you forbid/trade designate the ones in the stock pile, the ones in the house get the designation as well. However, if you forbid the ones in the house, the ones in the stockpile remain unaffected.
    Colonists will never use them, but they can be traded away no problem.
    Not entirely sure what caused it, but the two unbuilt beds in that house were doing the disappearing thing I mentioned earlier (other beds did it too though and they got built just fine)

Also a script error (can't recall if it already happened in that save, but it happened in the same game once I built a barbershop):

20160902012358_1.jpg

Attached Files:

20. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks for the report -- hit that error the other day myself and fixed it in dev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.