BETA 53A BETA 53A: THE LARCH.

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Ohhhhhh! here is a fun one!
    No crash but a very nice script error.

Attached Files:

2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Well, it seems I won't be giving it a try.

3. Soopah

Soopah Member

Have a bit of an issue with the redcoats. They seem to be less useful now. During a bandit raid, half a dozen bandits attacked from one side of the colony and the redcoats were strolling along the woods on the other side. The colonist went postal on the bandits even those near the soldiers but the soldiers themselves just ignored the fight. They seem to fight only if they are directly threatened.
    Kinda reminds me of a protection racket.

Jubbly likes this.
  4. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

I'm still having issues with colonists abandoning (?) raw materials at the workstation. For example, at my kiln, there are pieces of coal which appear to be floating. They will not be used by the colonist (even after forbidding and reclaiming). I have seen this in my smith, chemistry shop, kitchen (on a workbench), and ceramics shop. The items stay on the commodities menu but are unusable. Once in a while, I will notice they have been automatically forbidden, but I don't know which circumstances cause that and reclaiming them still does not fix the issue. Although, they are able to marked as a trade good and traded.

I can upload a save game later, but it should be fairly easy to recreate, as it happens in every game. My thoughts are that is has to do with job interruption, either by external event, colonist dying, or my switching their workteam.

Unforked and DaCrAzYmOfO like this.
  5. Started a game to play over the upkeep trunk changes etc and see what I think and it crashed a little way in. Hopefully one of those three files is the right one!

Attached Files:

6. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

I've noticed the same thing occasionally, i'll try to capture a save for the devs.... but its almost like the soldiers radar range has been shortened drastically.... previously they would go to assist a colonist under attack anywhere, but now i've noticed a few occasions they would rather stay in bed or have a chat

7. Cengro

Cengro Member

You mean these graphical bugs..:p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Soopah

Soopah Member

Another thing is that colonists tend to carry things then leave them at some random place then pick it up again. Weird.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  9. tojosan

tojosan Member

I've not been able to get 53A yet however this behavior I've seen in the last couple of builds. I've watched a colonist drag a repair chest out to fields per se and then bring it back. My estimation is they are deciding to take a break midway through a hauling effort.

10. iucounu

iucounu Member

They were doing this with me a build or two back. They go and get the repair chest, take it to some weird out-of-the-way location, drop it, pick it up again, and then go off to the job. It doesn't feel like they're interrupted on their way anywhere; they don't go from A to B, they describe a kind of triangular route from A to C to B instead.

tojosan likes this.
  11. tojosan

tojosan Member

Routing and rest bug? Hey @Nicholas!

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Got a replay or a save?

13. tojosan

tojosan Member

Any update on the Mac 53A?

14. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Still waiting on a third party contractor. I will go yell again some more.

tojosan likes this.
  15. jotwebe

jotwebe Gained the People's Ovation and Fame Forever

Ventilators needing W-trunks and therefore steel for upkeep is a bit much I think. A common scenario is going to be is that you build one in the hopes of getting steel (and then hope you can smelt and process it fast enough), and if you don't you need to dismantle it before it makes your whole mine come down on your head in flames.

Or so I've heard.

16. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Script error

Attached Files:

17. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Crash

Attached Files:

18. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Had three script errors, and I think some case of the drop item somewhere and pick up to put in stockpile.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Continued to play and had a crash.

Attached Files:

20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Crash after Quaggy showed up. 100+ colonists.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.