The Community Colony has Begun. Follow our Progress, or Join us!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Unforked, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

Sorry you couldn't make this round, hopefully we can keep it going until it comes back to you!

@mikail 001, you're up!

2. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

ok, i am ready to go at it.

3. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

Day 1
    On arrival of the colony, i saw many unhappy and angry faces, they complain intensely about how bad their sleep conditions were, i went around and saw dismally packed and distasteful houses, something had to be done. i also realised the basic resource clay and bricks were badly needed in the colony, and no metal was incoming. To top it off, attacks were coming in all directions, the NCO have his hand full on the matter.

Redesign and rework begun,

Attached Files:

DaCrAzYmOfO and Unforked like this.
  4. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

Day 2
    The buildings reworked, mine rebuilt, set to function once again made the mecha republic liked us better

I made efforts to build our settlement towards a reliable hematite source and malachite source, relocating the kitchen nearer too.
    Only future governors can reap the benefits of such an endeavour.

Upkeep was considered and planned into the settlement, and a barber was set up to tend to the needs and injuries of the people.

More middle class houses were built and labour houses too. Much much more needs to be done.

Bandits wanted to have a go at the settlement but they were soundly beaten by the new defence array setup!

Attached Files:

5. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

Day 3
    The buildings are being built, reassignments were did.
    I got a confused report about my performance though not that i would bother.

The day went fast with me trying to get as much as done as possible but the day ended anyway, and the airship beckoned me to return the homeland which i can only hope the next governor would make the place even better :)

Attached Files:

Unforked likes this.
  6. Unforked

Unforked Member

Nice! You did a lot of building, looks we'll get a good population boost.

7. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Looks like Chester Ironpeddle is making a bargain with that fish dude hahah

8. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

He stared him in the eye and beat him up! :)

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  9. Lipschitz

Lipschitz Member

Guess it's my turn then? :)

10. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yep, the colony is yours!

11. Lipschitz

Lipschitz Member

Will do it tonight then, and post it later tonight or tomorrow!

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  12. Noratoxin

Noratoxin Member

At least there's a lot of raw fishperson steak now, in case food gets low again.

mikail 001 and DaCrAzYmOfO like this.
  13. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

That's the best part of the fishman wars lol. Now for the invasions and the bandits... well I'll just turn the other way..

mikail 001 likes this.
  14. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

I was able to do that reconstruction and more construction due to the fact of the increase presence of the raw meat. The reassignment of workers off the fields into construction, as a temporary measure, was also due to the increase of meat fact.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  15. Lipschitz

Lipschitz Member

Sorry for the short delay. Sitting down with it right now, expect an update within a few hours!

16. Lipschitz

Lipschitz Member

DAY 19:

Ah! Bon soir, mon ami! Je m'apelle Lafayette Renard, esteemed noble-born diplomat of the Republique Mecanique, sent out by the Most Correctly Cogfigured L'auto-Dictateur as an envoy to this Cog-forsaken place in order to improve relations between le Republique and the Empire. I have been told that as at the moment the Empire has better relationships with the Grand Duchy of Stahlmark, this simply will not do! Non! Denied!

I notice that the proles of this place has started to construct a home worthy of my presence, the completion of this will naturally receive my full attention. I will make sure the necessary materials are collected and items produced. If possible, of course, during these abysmal conditions. I therefore order the mining of nearby gold nodes. Mon dieu!

I also tell the work crews to forage for fungus (Ahh, je t'adore fungus!) and order someone to chop down the trees and shrubbery that litter the cemetary, it's Uncogly! Speaking of uncogly, someone also seems to have dug up some sort of blasphemous rock that glows with an eery green light. I quickly label it illegal in the hopes that someone will get rid of it. It disconcerns me...

L'amour! Is this the remains of a crashed Republique airship I see to the east of the town? Did noone come to their aid?! Quick, send out some sort of response to see if the remains hold anything of value to send back to the Republic! If nothing else, the scrap metal could prove useful...

More immigrants arrive. None of them from le Republique, I have my work cut out for me if I aim to usur... I mean make this town a friendly place for noble citizens of the republic. Regardless, I will put them to work! Also: Ew. A message arrived proclaiming that Stahlmarkians visited the Empire, the relations between the so-called "Grand" Duchy and the Empire has improved. This will not do! But, I have a plan... But now, time to sleep.

DAY 20:

PERSONNES POISSON! Fish people! Of all things! Shoot them, my troops! Kill them in the name of L'auto-Dictateur..!

...thank Cog, we survived! Now then, time to expand the mining operation, and to start the construction of a foreign office to better facilitate communication with Le Republique. We shall soon be the best of friends, ah oui.

Day 21:

More immigrants arrive! More workers, yes, more! Also, the foreign office is almost done. Time to refocus the colony's efforts towards better relationship with the Republic! What's that, you say the food is low? Gather more fungus. Je t'adore fungus! Though... What is that? Oh, Cog protect me. Some sort of... Giant Glowing Slug? Kill it! Kill it now!

Mr Wood found some sort of rare crystal it seems? Ah well, gather it. I'm sure we can sell it to some passing trader eventually. Though if it gives me a headache same as that other glowing rock, best get rid of it!

Early morning, Day 22:

Now, I aim to take a stroll through the hills and forests to better survey this place. Expect me back by luncheon!

(It's a bit late here so I shortened day 2 and 3, still pretty satisfied with my contribution. No idea how to upload pictures into the post itself so you can see them below. Had to limit myself to 10 files though so two pictures were removed. Nothing special on them though.)

Thank you for this! Loved it. What happens now, do we start the round over again? Also: Hope I saved it correctly!

Attached Files:

17. Unforked

Unforked Member

That was great, loved your Republique Mechanique perspective!

Yeah, now it comes back around to me. Probably can't pull it off today , but I'll try to get it posted tomorrow night.

18. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Guess were staying in character of a republiqueman for a while bahaha xD ... also you can upload pictures by screenshotting with f11 i think... and then going to steam to view and look at screen shots. Should give you an option to locate on disk.. from there copy and paste to wherever is most convenient for you to access the file and upload that way.

Cheers! I mean bon appetit! lol

19. Lipschitz

Lipschitz Member

Thank you! I'll try to learn proper screenshotting and posting until next time. Also, spend more time in-character and try to write longer for day 2 and 3!

Thanks!

20. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

I'd be excited to try a few days in the colony. I just hope the colonists remember that repair trunks exist.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.