The Community Colony has Begun. Follow our Progress, or Join us!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Unforked, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tojosan

tojosan Member

For whatever reason this save didn't load for me. Might be me.
    Please pass to the next player.
    Thanks!

2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Gah! Bummer. Don't have time to double check the save for awhile. I have another from just before I can try later tonight.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  3. Noratoxin

Noratoxin Member

I checked the save and it loaded.

4. Unforked

Unforked Member

Thanks for checking.

Just had a thought. @tojosan, are you on a Mac? I think that could be our issue... maybe? I have no idea if there are compatibility problems between saves - kind of hoping for confirmation about this for all players. Really wanted to have everyone included.

@Puzzlemaker You're on deck! If the save works...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  5. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Alright, I'll do it tonight when I get home. Watch this space!

6. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

So begins the reign of Puzzlemaker the First!

20160728175255_1.jpg

I have arrived by airship, destined to lead this colony to greatness! Unfortunately, it seems the airship is having technical problems. We can't seem to land. NO MATTER! I will lead from the air!

20160728175923_1.jpg

First order of business! We must begin producing more food! I see there are crops growing! Soon we will have, uh, Amaizeing chowder!

20160728180126_1.jpg

I order more beds! Enough with sleeping on the ground, we need beds for everyone! Also, I make sure my building is RECTANGULAR, like THE QUEEN INTENDED.

20160728180157_1.jpg

Joyous occasion, we have another laborer! This is excellent news! Truly fabulous! Where are the other ones? That's it? Really? Huh.

20160728180403_1.jpg

These silly people. They keep telling me that they are "Scared of fishpeople". Obviously it's just some lads who have had too much silver to eat, a well known tonic. That's why their skin is blue! Silly peasants. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

20160728181048_1.jpg

We found a valuable thing! I don't know what it is, but it's shiny. Obviously it's worth something! The next traders that come by will get quite the surprise!

20160728181536_1.jpg

One of those blue fellows was wondering around, looking shady. He was scared off! Evidently the local nickname for them is "Fishpeople". What will the peasants come up with next? By golly though, we will be good neighbors to our silver-loving friends. None of this uncivilized harassment!

20160728182615_1.jpg

Finally, we have a military! Blood for the blood god! SKULLS FOR THE *Cough* *Cough*. Sorry, something was stuck in my throat. What was I saying?

20160728182641_1.jpg

Now they are complaining about strange noises! What foolish fools.

But alas, the winds have changed and our airship is drifting away. Slowly. It's quite boring up here, really.

TODO: Make sure there is enough food! I didn't really pay attention to that. I have created a ceramics and metalworking place as well. Sorry if I didn't play perfectly I haven't touched the game in awhile so some of the new features were throwing me off.

Attached Files:

mrclint, Noratoxin, TheD3rp and 2 others like this.
  7. Unforked

Unforked Member

Love it!:D You did great, and progress is... progressing.

You're up @Alephred!

8. well remind me how many days i have to do

9. Unforked

Unforked Member

Is your computer working again? You'll be going after Alephred (unless he forfeits his turn), and will play three in game days.

10. i just fixed it for long periods of gameplay found out the problem to apparently it was a malfunctioning fan not all fans were running you know what im saying

11. oh and for narritive purpouses do i have to stick to being a part of the cog empire or can i act like im from another faction

12. Unforked

Unforked Member

You have full creative freedom my friend.:)

13. thank you kind sir

14. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Acknowledged, I should be able to get something up tomorrow (or later today, since it's past midnight).

15. Unforked

Unforked Member

Still have a chance to do it? I may need to move us forward soon...

16. Alephred

Yup, doing it now.

17. Alephred

Journal of Overseer Alephred

Despite promises of a peaceful and comfortable retirement in the home countries, I have once again been forcefully volunteered to Oversee management of some far-flung colony on the arse-end of the Empire. It seem my predecessor drifted away in an unmanned airship under mysterious circumstances, so here I am.

Preliminary Impressions:

shot139.jpg

The first order of business is to take stock of the mess I've left. I'll admit the colony has been busy building up the beginnings of industry, there are many workshops either complete or being constructed. The census indicates a population of 17 souls, which is worrying because that means there is not food enough for even one day. In the same vein, there is only one bed for every two colonists. There is also no farm, and therefore no source of food aside from foraging in the woods.

On the other hand, the colony has some kind of monstrous 4-mineshaft mining complex right in the middle of the town square, and the town has built sufficient Upkeep Chests to keep every module in town repair for three weeks, so I guess I know where the town's early efforts have gone.

Day 7 of the new colony:

I re-establish a corn field and assign farmers, since food is so scarce. I also send gathering parties out into the woods to hunt for dodos and black fungus - that will be our only food until the maize crop comes in.

shot140.jpg

Later that day, we are paid two visits - the first is a refugee from the Stahlmark, on the run from his home country. He offers to train our motley troops in proper military technique if we give him food and shelter for a few days. Our troops are in a sorry state, and we begrudgingly allow him to stay, even though food is short. Our second visitor are in fact a trade delegation, also from the Stahlmark. I am concerned that they will object to us harbouring a fugitive, but they don't even bat an eye. They are mostly hauling upkeep chests though, and we have a ridiculous amount already, so I send them away without a trade. While they're in town, they helpfully drive off a few wandering fishmen.

shot141.jpg

Day 8

Having stabilized the food situation somewhat, I turn my attention toward industry. The Metalworks needs crucibles assembled at the Ceramics Workshop. That Workshop in turn requires a Ceramics Workbench, built at the Carpentry. The Kitchen could use another oven, and we desperately need more beds. Thus, the entire day is spent cutting trees and assembling modules of all sorts.

The maize harvest finally comes in, and the kitchen gets to work making maize chowder, as well as cooking up our meager supply of game.

Tonight, there was a flash in the sky, and a silver streak. The astronomers tell me there has been a Strange Meteor event! It moved so quickly, though, nobody can tell where it landed. I'm sure nothing bad will come of this.

In the middle of the night, a convoy of blank-eyed fishmen shuffled by the sleeping colony, arms laden with Raw Fish Steak and Long Pork. They offered no conversation, and we did not stop them as the walked silently past, nor did we make eye contact.

Day 9

I think I have successfully whipped the colony into shape; it should at least be able to feed and house everybody now, and there are a multitude of jobs to be completed. The Stahlmarkian Rogue has finally departed, after eating a vast quantity of our food, but at least all of our former militia now have formal military training.

In a side note, head miner Phoebe Steelcotter has dug a strange, glowing ore out of the earth. We don't know what it might be good for, but perhaps we can sell it to the next passing traders.

shot144.jpg

As my last formal act as Overseer, I have declared hostile relations with the surrounding Bandits by shooting dead an invading force of four such ruffians. I see my ride home coming now, good-bye, forever, blasted colonies!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Unforked and Noratoxin like this.
  18. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

There -was- a maize farm, where did it go?

19. Alephred

A bug caused it to disappear, I think. When I started up the colony, there was no farm evident, but one was listed in the workshop list. However, re-assigning the crew from that farm, or deleting it, caused the session to crash. I hope that doesn't continue happening to our save games.

20. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Well that's annoying, we should probably make sure some Dev downloads the save.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.