BETA 52F BETA 52F: SPIT AND POLISH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Consolidated changelog for Beta 52F

added smarter tooltip anchoring code
    added anchored tooltips for emotion bars which should cause fewer issues.
    added a major event arc
    Graveyards are now use fixed zone size system (like farms)
    improved "shoo animal" job; it will work more effectively now
    airships now crash in more varied locations
    2x button, workshops, offices, houses, and commodities buttons now highlight when in use
    "Ceramics" skill is now "Stoneworking" (In future builds its scope will be expanded to include mining)
    the following jobs will now show progress bars: Finish Upkeep, Clear Object, Deconstruct Building, Deconstruct Module, Flatten Terrain
    Master/W-tier upkeep trunk commodities now show the actual number being produced in their recipe
    balance: immigration is more likely to give you lots of characters if you have significant excess capacity
    balance: civilian colonists will get more negative memories from combat
    balance: seeing eldritch horrors is now more terrifying
    balance: inactive workshops/offices do not require upkeep
    FIXED: module tooltips now persist across save/load
    FIXED (52E): immigration count errors
    FIXED (52E): foreign office not resetting missions
    FIXED: Rogue Stahlmarkian would stay forever
    FIXED: tutorial window sticks around when game is shut down, causing crashes
    FIXED: leftover jobs showing up in jobs menu after starting new game, quitting to main menu, starting new game again

tojosan, Fredrik, DaCrAzYmOfO and 3 others like this.
  2. Hey I haven't commented in the forum in a very long time but I've been keeping up with CE's weekly progress as usual. I don't have much to add other than that the game is really improving by leaps and bounds in recent experimental patches and I've been really enjoying the changes in beta 52E and F.

Unforked likes this.
  3. Samut

Samut Member

Why? How is this an improvement? Has anyone ever complained that they can set the size of a graveyard?

PeterH likes this.
  4. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Dissecting obeliskians gives a result of "having no working lab" for the naturalist. If we had the workbenches would it work?

5. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Nooo the tonic for the fishperson story arc gives an error!

Attached Files:

6. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Haven't got around to it yet, but I'm hoping this means that the full capacity of the graveyard will be used as opposed that half empty graveyards being declared "full"

Tarod likes this.
  7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Consistency with everything else. It was the last item, other than the stockpile, which isn't a stamp.

Tarod likes this.
  8. mcnostril

The oven graphics bug is still around (for most recipes, the "cooked" pot appears on top of the oven as it is being cooked) Screen Shot 07-23-16 at 01.27 AM 001.JPG

9. mcnostril

When a workshop shuts down but is repaired, the grey overaly persists (the buttons are all functional btw)
    Screen Shot 07-23-16 at 01.43 AM.JPG

Also this really weird thing with flattening terrain that I noticed in the last version:
    Screen Shot 07-23-16 at 01.54 AM 001.JPG
    Note the red parts of the grid. That is an area that was flattened and showed up as white earlier, but now shows red. If I give another "flatten" command, the command immediately disappears and the grid goes back to white. Dunno if it's just a graphical issue, but in a game of 52E I had several modules on those red grid areas that would never get built (It wouldn't stop me from placing them on those areas though)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  10. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Damn. :(

Not sure what the motivation behind this change is, but kinda disappointing to see it in the notes as graveyard sites are one of those things I tend to always place different each time I play based on the layout of the colony and the terrain.

If it really got changed "Just because other stuff was changed previously so let's just apply it to everything possible for the hell of it", then it would really be great to have the change to graveyard sites reverted back to before for the sake of not turning things that have no reason to be so into generic "Same mould everytime and you got to cater to our artificially dictated size for no reason" stamp.

Farms was annoying enough, but could understand why 'idiot proofing' them would at least make sense in that it removes the possibility of having to continue worrying about how to make the game design sustainable if the player made a bad decision and made those dealing with balancing lives easier as it now lets them dictated EXACTLY how much food you'll get per farm effort and makes it generic and universal to all players...... but resource harvesting orders and now gravesites just come across as changing things that were fully working tools that had no player issues in the first place for no real benefit to anyone beyond "Well it makes it all generically samey and shit like that"... and that's not really changes for the sake of introducing improvements to the game, but more uncontrolled personal quirks impacting player experience for the hell of it at this point.

If anything the recent order stamp system and now the graveyard prefab plots introduce more player annoyance and problems to things that never had player annoyances or problems.... but if the whole point is to take perfectly fine tools and make them more clunky, cumbersome and less accessible to use, then mission accomplished.

[/rant]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    PeterH likes this.
  11. tojosan

tojosan Member

Repeated crashes to desktop in this versions.
    Happens minutes into the game.
    Mac version.

Attached Files:

12. tojosan

tojosan Member

Unplayable at the moment. :(

Attached Files:

13. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Traders arrive with box of rare paintings but it does not appear in the trade list.

PeterH likes this.
  14. boredom00

boredom00 Member

Since 52E all my starting colonists have the "Pioneering Spirit" trait which makes me question who to take for workshop work =P

15. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yeah they're pioneers who came in first, it was mentioned in a changelog.

16. Soopah

Soopah Member

Is it just me or the barber just keeps on faffing about? Colonist keeps on badgering me about the barber not being in and I see the man/woman jawing with somebody instead of patching up my poor injured colonist (Who happened to be ALWAYS being chased by a mini grapoid)

Tarod and DaCrAzYmOfO like this.
  17. mcnostril

Yeah, the barber never seems to be in for me as well. Even on my large save last version with a fully staffed barbershop and all other jobs turned off, the barber was hardly taking care of anyone. While on shift they just sort of wander around instead of staying in their shop

18. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

I've had it work. I don't staff him though mostly cause the workers never really do anything but idle near overseer. He usually does all the work himself. Also, I never have a full time barber, I'll just get someone from a different workshop for a day and return him or her

19. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Anyone else getting aurochs running suicide runs to your colonies? They run in one by one as a meat delivery service lol.

Its only happened in one biome, not sure what biome this is, but it's the one with all the golden grass that hardly has minerals and has bamboo and a few pines.

20. mcnostril

Bandit tent party
    . Screen Shot 07-23-16 at 01.28 PM.JPG

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.