BETA 52E BETA 52E: THE CURIOUS CASE OF THE NEW BUTTON ON THE UI

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Mining sand dunes gives 2 options, I'm sure its just erroneous code that needs cleaning :S

Attached Files:

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(Hotfix has been snuck up for foreign office being broken; also, the non-loading mcnostril save. No version # change.)

Bluebird likes this.
  3. Selly1

Selly1 Member

I love the UI improvements! Especially around Quality of Life.

Just a couple of items:

- I have an oblivious Worker who seems to be slightly unhappy with his work environment? Is the baseline to be slightly miffed?
    - As before (I know you've said it's tricky) it'd be nice to not see overseers for Work Crew selection when they're already assigned to a building
    - There is a button for Show Colonists and a counter for Population. A part of the UI that could be combined? Does it make sense to say that I keep expecting all of the icons at the top of the screen to be clickable buttons that take me to more info. Having the combination of buttons and displays feels a little odd.

What's the UI equivalent of Occam's Razor...?

4. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

The load game window still exists in the state our UI code did when we didn't have a concept of padding and margin and the list widget is 90% code from 10+ years ago.

It will suffer a tragic accident at some point, but right now it's sadly functional enough that it's not my #1 priority.

5. Unforked

Unforked Member

Stahlmarkian rogues don't leave after training concludes. I now have two "pet" Stahlmarkians just wandering around my colony.

Edit: Now three!

6. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Unusual caravan event causes error

Attached Files:

7. Unforked

Unforked Member

After colonists die, it seems like immigration doesn't occur to refill the old housing. You must keep building housing/upgrades for new immigrants, despite having plenty of space available.

8. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This is technically correct (the most important type of correct), as the "Mine Surface Nodes" will say "Mine [the name of this individual object] if you select just one example. We did not, however, end up adding a "Mine Sand" command so I'll remove the extra command!

Checking it out! Edit: Found and fixed.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  9. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Traders still getting stuck, and don't go away because of it. Also kudos on having enemies get progressively stronger, bandits eventually start toting guns and fishmen are using their own guns too!

Attached Files:

10. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Another thing, in this current game I've lost 3 overseers and I haven't had the chance to replenish them. Do I have to build the middle class home to have that option?

11. dbaumgart

Do you have a console log from this? I see the results of the error in the savegame, but can't see the error itself.

Well, you know what? I can even see what is going wrong - one of the Stahlmarkian traders has an invalid item. Added a check and a console output for that case. Doubled-checked the Stahlmarkian trade list and it all _looks_ valid, but we'll see.

They should replenish up to your starting amount (eventually) if you go under that.

12. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

No unfortunately it didn't create a dmp file :/

13. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

The game churns out console/debug info as you play in the console.txt file found in the same <username>/Documents/Gaslamp Games/Clockwork Empire folder as dmp files, saves,, world map, replays etc.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it wipes the existing console file and writes out a fresh one each time you start a new session though, so if you get script errors and such, always a good idea to copy and paste the console file elsewhere before you launch the game again or you'll lose anything of value regarding the error.

Since 52C or D the amount of spewwage regarding events seems to have multiplied by around a factor of 3 or 4 in terms of the amount of information is written out for what's occurring.... that or it's a side effect to my config.xml being set to verbose output, but that never seemed to do anything before.

Edit: Potentially a waste of dev time as the change will have a finite usefulness period, but would be nice if the game simply renamed the existing console.txt to say oldconsole.txt so there would at least be temporary retention of the last session even if the game is fired up after such as to see if a crash is recurring or a one off.

Certainly wouldn't want more than 2 (one the most recent session, the other the previous session) as the files can get pretty hefty after a long session, but 2 of them seems fair enough.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  14. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

I'll check it out when I get back home, I left the game running and I'm still running the same session.

15. Selly1

Selly1 Member

When exiting one game and starting another my job asignements do not clear. All the job asignments from my last map are still there.

Edit: And one of my old overseers ic still being asigned to the (non_existant) kitchen

16. Samut

Samut Member

Has the parser for the job text files ever been modified to check for the *absence* of something? That was always the option I missed the most.

17. dbaumgart

(In fact, that's kinda the hold-up.)

18. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

When using the Exit to menu option? Would be weird if that was happening after an actual session closure.

19. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

File is too large to be uploaded, and I can't upload the .rar. I'm going to email the .rar to mathieu, the console file that is.

20. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Zoom to artefact when strange artefact is discovered results in a C++ error

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.